Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 08:46 PM

Default AQs in sb, 4 left

4 left in a 15k guaranted,800+ entries.
theres a clear chipleader 480k,small stack is about 70k,with blinds of 10-20k,me and button have about 170k,im in sb with AQs,shortie folds and button goes all in,this is the first all in move he has made for ages,any other times he has shown down premium hands,and he also passed a lot of his blinds to me.do i need to take him on here?
Old 09-17-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Re: AQs in sb, 4 left

will someone please tell me off for folding here [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2005, 09:07 PM

k.. well my thought process would be that even though he's been a rock, it's a beneficial situation for him on the button against 2 random hands and all playing for good amount of money with each knockout.. his (and your) M is semi-low, but your effective M is even lower so you need to make a move really soon if your intention is to try and win and compete with the bigstack..

If you call and win your right next to the leader and solidified your shot at headsup.. if you call and lose, you finish a solid 4th

Only 5 hands has you dominated (AK, AA, QQ, KK).. highly doubtful he has AA since u have an Ace or QQ since you have a Q.. plus I don't think he'd go all in with AA or KK.. I think he'd want to play a big pot with one of those hands and just make a norm raise (even though that would look suspicious that he just doesn't stick it all in)..

If you are sure to put him on 4 hands, 2 of them being really unlikely, then fold.. if not, a call is at least even money or better

All in all I'd call and take my chances, I know I can go a long time 4handed without seeing a better hand and blinds come around really fast
Old 09-17-2005, 09:07 PM

alright fine i will.

earlier on, with deeper stacks a fold would be ok..

but you're 4 handed, and only have 8 BB's.. go ahead and call, you're way more likely way ahead or coinflip, than you are way behind.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:31 PM

close eveys, say a prayer then call... that time bank was made for something!!! you gotta go with this here. its 4 handed andhe my very well have A rag , a small pair or KQ or something like that. he might be using his tight image to make a play here. but AQ 4 handed is likely to be a coinflip at worst and think bout what he would do with AJ or A 10. He woulndt fold that hand on the button and very well may not wnat to see a flop with it. you have to call b/c there are too many hands you beat.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:46 PM

Definatly call.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:51 PM

well i regreted the fold, but i guess we all have our dumbo moments [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]ended up busting in 3rd when my K5o in sb hit trip 5s only for chipleader in bb to have A5o [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2005, 10:02 PM

By calling you maximize your chances of coming in first or second place at the risk of coming in fourth place. You clearly have a playable hand with only four players. If I'm
down to my last few dollars I fold, otherwise I call and hope to win the tournament.

Bruce