Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Strategie for low Sit\'n\'go (5+1$, 10+1$)

[ QUOTE ]
i'd recommend, as a starter, looking for adanthar's robotic strategy. you might have to figure out how to use a search function, or google, or the recent archives. for more history on the subject you should look in to the now outdated benfranklin or aleomagus beating the party 10+1 posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you consider the benfranklin or aleomagus strategy's outdated?
Old 11-30-2005, 01:56 PM

Also, can you provide a link to "adanthar's robotic strategy"?

I performed multiple searches, but couldn't come up with anything. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2005, 02:01 PM

Andathar's Robotic Strategy

Straight Flushes,

SAM
Old 11-30-2005, 02:12 PM

Thanks very much!
Old 11-30-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'd recommend, as a starter, looking for adanthar's robotic strategy. you might have to figure out how to use a search function, or google, or the recent archives. for more history on the subject you should look in to the now outdated benfranklin or aleomagus beating the party 10+1 posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in general, because it's too tight.

in specific, because i define outdated as "there's something better that's been introduced at the same price point." and that has been met.

and because they say so.

c
Old 11-30-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in specific, because i define outdated as "there's something better that's been introduced at the same price point." and that has been met.

and because they say so.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

Those earlier attempts at codification of SnG strategy are reminiscent of an old joke:

First guy: How's your wife?
Second guy: Better than nothing.

Those early threads, with a ton of helpful commentary from forum members, led to a playing style that could improve a SnG noob from losing to break-even or better. It was to SnGs what the original Lee Jones book was to low limit holdem. And we all know that Jones was a little weak and a little tight.

While low limit holdem literature has much improved (Jones has evolved into a less weak-tight strategy, the Ed Miller books are out, etc.), there is still no formal SnG literature of much worth. But the SnG strategy available on this forum has similarly evolved into a much more sophisticated level. Discussions of ICM, blind stealing, appropriate push/fold strategy, etc., have led to big improvements in the understanding of SnG strategy.

For better or worse, that strategy is not readily available in an instant gratification format. No one can spoon-feed it to you; you have to work for it. While the strategic sophistication of this forum has grown, so has the noise-signal ratio. So you have to kiss a lot of frogs here abouts, but the rewards are there. As your mother used to tell you, look it up yourself, you'll learn it that way.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and because they say so.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

but i think adanthar's strategy goes waaaayyy to far in the opposite direction. push with AA at lvl1?!

Hoping to double up and willing to waste AA if noone calls?
Old 11-30-2005, 04:14 PM

the [censored] thing's not perfect. i didn't say it was.

i'm not going to fix it, and i seriously doubt that anyone will anytime soon.

adanthar was seeking to minimize difficulty of the consumption of the material. that involves making there be fewer post flop decisions. pushing the aa accomplishes that.

additionally, at the 10+1s pushing AA is quite often a great play.

whatever, this thread is pretty silly post my first and second posts.

c