Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2005, 10:34 AM

Default Re: Michael Davis, please post your winrates!

No.

I want to see the winrates posted.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:36 AM

I understand but this is certainly not the bst way to go about acheiving that goal. Please do not keep this thread on top of this forum.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:37 AM

I wasn't planning on bumping it, but I do want to see those winrates and I will remind Michael to post them periodically.

And until you become a mod, kindly don't presume to tell me what to post. Michael made some outlandish claims and I want to see proof. It's no more than has been asked of me on numerous occasions.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:40 AM

Again, I understand. I don't care if you want him to post his screenshot, I jsut care that this is the forum that you've decided to talk about it in. I think this would be more appropriate in NVG or OOT.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:46 AM

Not when he challenged me to a 25k bet based on those winrates in this forum and then has conveniently dissapeared.

Here is the thing, Evan. I know I am a pretty good player. I think I have some things to share here, and some good advice to give. Michael, in my opinion, gives very bad advice very often. Yet he claims to be God's gift to poker, and comes up with these ridiculous winrate numbers to "prove" this.

No matter what you may think, I am actually interested in helping people out here every now and then. It really bothers me to see shitty advice posted, particularly from players who talk a big game but can't actually back it up at the tables. Michael appears to be one of those players.

In all honesty, if I were you I would be a lot more concerned about the crappy advice being posted on here than this sort of thing. The forum is meant to help people, and I really do feel like it stunts the growth of many players to read some of the junk on here.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:53 AM

I missed that whole challenge thing so I don't know if it was in SS or somewhere else. If it was here I am no more a fan of that than of this, I just happened to not see that one.

To be honest, I think you are a good player too. My guess is that if you felt like it you could contribute quite a bit here, so it kinda pisses me off that you instead chose to post stupid sh[/i]it like this rather than strategy. I also like Michael Davis' posts, but I don't see that that is particularly important. There are some people on this board that I don't think are good and since I don't think I totally suck I feel like my advice is better than theirs. I make more of an effort to discuss points I disagree on with them and less of an effort to personally attack them, regardless of what they may or may not say to me. In my opinion Michael never claimed to be "God's gift to poker", but again I don't feel that is very relevant.

I do believe that you are interested in posting good strategy because I have seen you do it. I am just confused as to why you need to intertwine it with this crap. Whatever your personal opinion happens to be of Michael I don't think that is sound reasoning for cluttering the boards with posts that are not nearly as useful as some other things you could be posting.

I agree that a lot of the advice here is not as good as it should be. Can you agree that this thread will in no way serve to correct that?
Old 02-27-2005, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you agree that this thread will in no way serve to correct that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. What it will do is discourage people like Michael from making outlandish claims to support their dodgy reasoning. That is of value, I think.

I also find boards much more entertaining when stuff ike this goes on. A board that is only dry strategy discussion is, imho, totally boring.

I do "stuff like this" because it spices things up. I'm sorry if you don't like it (I seriously am), but here it is anyways. If you don't find it entertaining, then just don't read it. I don't post many threads that clutter and I don't post multiple ones at the same time. Nothing is being lost because I posted this.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:54 AM

Supposes somebody did post a screenshot showing 42BB/100, or a million BB/100, or whatever.

What would it prove? Don't you think somebody who's even moderately familiar with PT or image editing software could do it?