Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 06:58 PM

Default Re: DN Matches

Where is your avatar?
Old 07-06-2005, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure it's not for tax reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might be right.

I thought he might leave the money in the box so he wouldn't have to fill out forms for each night for breaking the 10k mark. Also, this would allow him to be more creative when filling out his taxes, possibly reducing his tax hit.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

currently has another match in progress with BG

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering about this last one. It seemed it started awhile ago. Is it still going on? I haven't seen anywhere on his blog where he states an outcome to it or it's current status.

Sundevils21, what's the dealio?

[/ QUOTE ]

They havent played for a few weeks because of the WSOP. They made an agreement that if either of them made it past 6pm in a days event they wouldnt play that night. I also think both of their minds are on the WSOP more than finihshing their 4th match. Look for it to continue after the main event.

As for the money...I can promise you this: Daniel is playing with his own money. Wynn Las Vegas has no part of Daniel's bankroll, what he wins or loses, nor are they paying him anything additional to play these matches.
These matches were Daniel's idea, Wynn is simply the place he is playing them.
Anyone that knows anything about the operations of a poker room and it's potential will understand why even the thought of risking only $500k would make no sense at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just saw DN in a video interview from Cardplayer and he said they resumed the match and Barry started winning again and they finished the session with DN now stuck around $230,000.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

currently has another match in progress with BG

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering about this last one. It seemed it started awhile ago. Is it still going on? I haven't seen anywhere on his blog where he states an outcome to it or it's current status.

Sundevils21, what's the dealio?

[/ QUOTE ]

They havent played for a few weeks because of the WSOP. They made an agreement that if either of them made it past 6pm in a days event they wouldnt play that night. I also think both of their minds are on the WSOP more than finihshing their 4th match. Look for it to continue after the main event.

As for the money...I can promise you this: Daniel is playing with his own money. Wynn Las Vegas has no part of Daniel's bankroll, what he wins or loses, nor are they paying him anything additional to play these matches.
These matches were Daniel's idea, Wynn is simply the place he is playing them.
Anyone that knows anything about the operations of a poker room and it's potential will understand why even the thought of risking only $500k would make no sense at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just saw DN in a video interview from Cardplayer and he said they resumed the match and Barry started winning again and they finished the session with DN now stuck around $230,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must have seen an old video. They have played two sessions of match #4 (the last one a few weeks ago), and Daniel is up $311k.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:19 PM

I don't think it was old, because it was the featured video on the hompage today... and I'm pretty sure I saw the old ones too.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it was old, because it was the featured video on the hompage today... and I'm pretty sure I saw the old ones too.

[/ QUOTE ]

They havent finished the match at Wynn, there is no mention of the match continuing on DN's site, and I see no interview on CardPlayer.com with Daniel from Today (or yesterday).
Old 07-08-2005, 02:03 PM

he's getting waxed.