Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 03:56 PM

Default Guess what happens when Empire and Euro decide to pull a \"Party\"

Here's why I'm reluctant to get my player base going through affiliateev or other similar "proxy" affiliate programs, and why I think others should pass as well -- a few extra % points isn't worth the following risk, I don't think.

What's going to happen when Empire and/or Euro decides to take Party's approach and essentially prevent RB by lumping all players MGRs together in their reports, making it impossible for the affiliate to see who's generating what.

Look what happened with PSO when Party did that -- they had thousands of Party customers, and while they might have issued a token "gee, we're really sorry, but our hands our tied" email, you better believe they were celebrating like there was no tomorrow. Why? Well, because they now got to keep the entire 30 - 35% instead of only the 5 - 10% they used to keep after paying their players. Hell, they just tripled their revenue.

So what's going to happen (and I encourage affiliateev and others to chime in) if Empire/Euro go the same route and make it impossible for them to break everyone's MGR out individually. I'd much rather start things on my own with a lower starting % then take that pretty substantial risk that some time soon I'll lose my entire player revenue stream because technically the players will be under the larger affiliate's account, and not mine.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: Guess what happens when Empire and Euro decide to pull a \"Party\"

when you sign up on affiliateEV you dont get your own tradal account and stuff?

I was under the impression that you are just like a normal affiliate but they are just trying to get you to be their subaffilate.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:58 PM

I'll tell you what will happen... Empire and Euro will lose all their players. I think it is very unlikely this will happen. If it does, the rake back affiliates that have good relationships with their customers will find them a site to play with a great rake deal.

What makes you think this will happen anyways?
Old 10-08-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll tell you what will happen... Empire and Euro will lose all their players. I think it is very unlikely this will happen. If it does, the rake back affiliates that have good relationships with their customers will find them a site to play with a great rake deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah, that's what people used to say about Party.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression that you are just like a normal affiliate but they are just trying to get you to be their subaffilate.

[/ QUOTE ]

You wish...but in fact what you assumed would be a more reasonable alternative...they should negotiate with the poker sites to get inflated rates for their subaffiliates (like higher than what they could get by signing up on their own), and then set the would-be-affiliates up with their own Tradal accounts, etc. Of course if they did it that way they'd only get to keep the standard 4% subaffiliate commission, rather than the 10%+ differential they get to keep if they just get the new players under their own affiliate accounts.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You wish...but in fact what you assumed would be a more reasonable alternative...they should negotiate with the poker sites to get inflated rates for their subaffiliates (like higher than what they could get by signing up on their own), and then set the would-be-affiliates up with their own Tradal accounts, etc. Of course if they did it that way they'd only get to keep the standard 4% subaffiliate commission, rather than the 10%+ differential they get to keep if they just get the new players under their own affiliate accounts.

[/ QUOTE ]

We do give a higher % to our sub-affiliates than the the poker sites give. That is the purpose of www.Affiliateev.com .

craig
Old 10-08-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We do give a higher % to our sub-affiliates than the the poker sites give. That is the purpose of www.Affiliateev.com .

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

so then clarify for everyone -- if they sign up players through affiliateev, does the referrer get their own tradal account, or does the new player go under YOUR player umbrella. Because if it's the latter (which we both know it is), then the risk of Empire/Euro pulling a Party is just too high for me, thanks.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Eurobet will lose all their players anyway.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

so then clarify for everyone -- if they sign up players through affiliateev, does the referrer get their own tradal account, or does the new player go under YOUR player umbrella. Because if it's the latter (which we both know it is), then the risk of Empire/Euro pulling a Party is just too high for me, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

still waiting for a reply...guess that lets everyone know what the answer is...
Old 10-09-2005, 08:09 PM

Default I need clarification on why AffiliatesEV.com is risky?

I don't understand why if Euro/Empire pulls a party, will it be bad for us Affiliates?