Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 08:12 PM

Default wifi problem

My wireless router worked fine the first night, my laptop picked it right up, the signal was 'excellent' on a different floor, and I was happy. Next day, I connect, the signal is 'very good' but the internet doesn't work. It's as if I'm not even connected, MSN messenger won't connect web pages won't load etc. I tried my laptop at another hotspot, worked fine. Any ideas on what's wrong (and suggestions on how to fix it?)
Old 09-09-2005, 10:11 PM

Default Re: wifi problem

Do an ipconfig see if you get an default gateway. Could just be that your router isn't connecting to your ISP (quite frequent)
Old 09-11-2005, 12:19 AM

ok so run ipconfig/all... then what am i looking for?
Old 09-11-2005, 02:53 AM

Your computer probably got turned off or went into hibernate. Go to network connections, right click your wireless icon and hit repair. It should try to get a new ip address and reset the dns. It always happens a lot when I boot back up my laptop.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:41 AM

I'm not connected through that router right now, but I'll try that when I try to connect again.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your computer probably got turned off or went into hibernate. Go to network connections, right click your wireless icon and hit repair. It should try to get a new ip address and reset the dns. It always happens a lot when I boot back up my laptop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Repair didn't work. I should mention that this isn't the main computer running off this router. There's a computer phyically connected to it, and another laptop that everything is apparently working fine on. I can access the router homepage.