Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-19-2005, 03:30 AM

Default Re: Who are the best posters to search for

Save your time for searching posts from me. I don't think I've ever gave quality responses compared to others on your list. most of my discussions are off the board. oh yeah, im also only mediocre [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2005, 03:40 AM

Actually I think he means me, but I've been around for a year and think I'm just 'decent'??
Old 12-19-2005, 03:42 AM

I strongly recommend ignoring all of my posts.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually I think he means me, but I've been around for a year and think I'm just 'decent'??

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not think that I mean either of you...

I just remembered when I was a noob. After I learned a little bit I started to realize that some of these posters do not know what they are talking about. They do not last for long but a new wave comes along to replace them. Seems like we have a new group of "experts" as of late.

The original poster has the right idea. If you want to learn from this forum look for a respected poster and pay attention to what they have to say.

I remember when I first joined a whole series of posts from Raptor. I think he was new then and he seemed to play more hands and be more aggressive than most. Those threads were very worthwhile. Although I did not know a bubble from a button so anything would have helped.

Fiery_Justice ?? I think his stuff is good.

--
tjh
Old 12-19-2005, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fiery_Justice ?? I think his stuff is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

He will soon be posting lots of good stuff about how to get pwned HU.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:10 AM

Wow.....so far the advice in this thread is awful IMO.

If you want to work on postflop....read Unarmed's oldish posts.....and most things Adanthar/Phil Van Sexton/Irieguy say about post flop (v old possibly).

If you want to 'quiz' yourself on STT math play read curtains' 123523141235 posts. Also read ChrisV who generally provides more reasoning and analysis but doesn't touch on the sheer amount of hands curtains does.

If you want real initial fundamental strategy considerations....ready the oldies by PrayingMantis and Easty.

I don't think too many of the very recent posters offer the most helpful advice and such as the older posts...there are reasons for this I won't go into but that doesn't mean that recent threads aren't helpful or good....I just don't think there is the same level of explanation and 'good' thinking.

Yugoslav
Old 12-19-2005, 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow.....so far the advice in this thread is awful IMO.

If you want to work on postflop....read Unarmed's oldish posts.....and most things Adanthar/Phil Van Sexton/Irieguy say about post flop (v old possibly).

If you want to 'quiz' yourself on STT math play read curtains' 123523141235 posts. Also read ChrisV who generally provides more reasoning and analysis but doesn't touch on the sheer amount of hands curtains does.

If you want real initial fundamental strategy considerations....ready the oldies by PrayingMantis and Easty.

I don't think too many of the very recent posters offer the most helpful advice and such as the older posts...there are reasons for this I won't go into but that doesn't mean that recent threads aren't helpful or good....I just don't think there is the same level of explanation and 'good' thinking.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd include Lorinda/Lori for general gambling wisdom.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:54 AM

Lori is the [censored] (the bomb)
Old 12-19-2005, 07:58 AM

I'm glad people the search doesn't go beyond 6 months. Now if only eastbay would stop selling sngpt...
Old 12-19-2005, 08:24 AM

tigerite gives very sound advice and has helped me a ton just through reading his posts.