Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 10:15 PM

Default Turned Kings

Party PLO8 200, I got 200 as does everyone else in the hand. I am on the button,

I got: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Preflop: 2 callers when it gets to me, I call, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Everyone checks to me, I check because well 4 others are in the hand and this flop is pretty draw heavy and I got nothing.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Everyone once again checks to me, I pot it, everyone folds to the guy in the cutoff(right before me) and he repots it.

So whats my move?
Old 12-01-2005, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Turned Kings

Preflop is a borderline call, but its fine. KKxx (double suited) with position plays itself. On the flop, you hit your ideal card, and you do the right move in potting it. Then, you get repotted. Tough decision.

I think this could be a steal, but it could be a very strong hand. I cant put him on AA, but its very easy to put him on a very big draw. (flush + nut low) (straight + nut low) I think the only cards that are good for you on the river are those that pair the board. (and even with those you do not have the nuts) You are dodging way too many cards here. PLO8 is all about 3/4ing, and you will get 1/4 here way too often, and be lucky to split.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:38 PM

This all comes down to
how often he can have AA here,
how often he can be semi-bluffing.
how often he'll fire again on the river.

If he has AA, you are giant dog.
If he doesn't, you are likely ahead but not by huge amount.
Tho you are getting decent odds.

But there are many concerning river cards for you so you'll have to guess. So I'd probbly jam but depends, since i think most raise AA preflop and most don't give 2 free cards. you also look like you're stealing after 2 checks around.

-g
Old 12-01-2005, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop is a borderline call, but its fine. KKxx (double suited) with position plays itself. On the flop, you hit your ideal card, and you do the right move in potting it. Then, you get repotted. Tough decision.

I think this could be a steal, but it could be a very strong hand. I cant put him on AA, but its very easy to put him on a very big draw. (flush + nut low) (straight + nut low) I think the only cards that are good for you on the river are those that pair the board. (and even with those you do not have the nuts) You are dodging way too many cards here. PLO8 is all about 3/4ing, and you will get 1/4 here way too often, and be lucky to split.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does he get 1/4?
Old 12-01-2005, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But there are many concerning river cards for you so you'll have to guess. So I'd probbly jam but depends, since i think most raise AA preflop and most don't give 2 free cards. you also look like you're stealing after 2 checks around.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that, so I jammed.

I potted it for 9 bucks, he repots to 36, I repot to 100, he moves in for 200, Whats my move?
Old 12-02-2005, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How does he get 1/4?

[/ QUOTE ]

Insert: "nothing"

I think you were aware of the point, though.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:04 AM

What's your move? how about: take all his money.

Or, if he has set of aces, give him all your money.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I potted it for 9 bucks, he repots to 36, I repot to 100, he moves in for 200, Whats my move?

[/ QUOTE ]

tough spot. looks like AAxx, in which case you are 97-3 dog. however, if he can have A23K w diamonds, QJT with diamonds, A7TJ, then you are roughly 50-50 getting 3:1 on your money.

And if I were him I'd be happy to stack off with top2+low+flush, or flushwrap here. I also think its strange that AAxx would check it around 2x when lows, straights and flushes are possible on turn and no one shows aggression.

so it comes down to opponents. Against rainarubys maybe i fold, against wintermutes i call [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

edit: when actually at the table, I don't think i would ever fold here.
-g
Old 12-02-2005, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tough spot. looks like AAxx, in which case you are 97-3 dog. however, if he can have A23K w diamonds, QJT with diamonds, A7TJ, then you are roughly 50-50 getting 3:1 on your money.

And if I were him I'd be happy to stack off with top2+low+flush, or flushwrap here. I also think its strange that AAxx would check it around 2x when lows, straights and flushes are possible on turn and no one shows aggression.

so it comes down to opponents. Against rainarubys maybe i fold, against wintermutes i call [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

-g

[/ QUOTE ]
Against *anyone*, laying down 2nd set in this spot getting 3:1 with nothing left behind is a mistake in the long run. If trip aces is going to check twice on this board (edit: and from the f'ing CO to boot!), just note that the guy is a trap-hungry moron, and break him. He virtually can't have aces, and if he does, then he's a complete donk and you'll break him soon enough.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-g

[/ QUOTE ]
Against *anyone*, laying down 2nd set in this spot getting 3:1 with nothing left behind is a mistake in the long run. If trip aces is going to check twice on this board (edit: and from the f'ing CO to boot!), just note that the guy is a trap-hungry moron, and break him. He virtually can't have aces, and if he does, then he's a complete donk and you'll break him soon enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

He had A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I ended up losing a buy in, but I couldnt lay it down because he was the CO and checked twice, I figured if he has them good for him, but ill just take pots from him since he is such a tight slow player that he will only bet the stone cold nuts. For the next hour I just kept stealing pots from him, he lost about 40 of the 200 he won off me just getting robbed not only by me, but by the rest of the table, since they figured out he never freaken bet.

I just thought the hand was interesting because I dont think its a laydown anyone can make nor should make, just wanted to see what you guys thought. There was no guy that said he has Aces get away, which was surprising, but still what do you guys think now?