Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Trying to build a plan

I don't think you are cut out for college. Try to get a job with an electrician/plumber,mechanic or some other skilled trade. Just get your foot in the door and in 10 years you could be making about 70k/year.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:46 PM

Yes, you should have a big ego...its not easy to get a 0.0 GPA, Mr. Blutarsky.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:57 PM

Good luck with whatever you choose. Maybe you should buy lots of powerball tickets.

Working for a living just plain ole sucks. But so does living at home and asking Mom if you can borrow the car.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, you should have a big ego...its not easy to get a 0.0 GPA, Mr. Blutarsky.

[/ QUOTE ]

alright that was so not the point of this,

no one can give me estimates of those expenses?
Old 10-18-2005, 07:51 PM

Health Insurance for you - $150/month
+ wife - double it
+ kids - $500 (?) /month
Life Insurance for you + wife - $1000 a year
Electric/Water/Gas - $100/month
Property Tax - Varies a lot by state - anywhere from $1k-$5k per year based on area and first home value
Home Insurance - $600-$1000/yr

A lot of these are rough guesses but should be ballpark.

By the way, you do realize that by buying groceries and preparing meals you could easily knock off 25% of your current budget right?
Old 10-18-2005, 08:11 PM

I highly doubt you will listen but you really need to stay in school and get your [censored] done. Sure this plan is a step in the right direction but unfortunately life will constantly throw you curve balls and your so called plan will take a hit. I don't want you to take any offense but theres so much that can happen lunch or dinner dates at nice places and that'll kill your budget and they'll add up throughout the year and throw off your whole budget. I'd als have to think you'd have to give your budget at least 5000+ or so leeway which would be like 450 extra per month in expenses? So that'd bring your budget up to something like 31k? So your 20 years old with no education and no goals to get one considering you'll be quitting..I don't know where you'll get your money..So basically draw on some inspiration like if you really would like to get married and have a wife and [censored] then prepare for it man ..Im sure anyone here will vouch and say having a family a kid or two would not be fun with no formal education...Stay in school dude! I hope this helps.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By the way, you do realize that by buying groceries and preparing meals you could easily knock off 25% of your current budget right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured those nuumbers i put for breakfast/lunch/dinner would be the high ranges, so i'd be preparign for the "worst".

--

and yea i was going to include 3-5k as extrta into the "budget"

and it's easy to say "stay in school" i'm not consciously deeciding not to go to class, i just can't get myself to do it, and i'm just trying to be realistic because the chancees of me graduating college anytime in the near future, are very slim. I'd be better off if i try and find a source of income that can work for me.

--

And as for the person that suggested Rich Dad Poor Dad, i just read the thread about that and it sounds like a good book, an di'll be picking it up next time i'm out of the house.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and it's easy to say "stay in school" i'm not consciously deeciding not to go to class, i just can't get myself to do it,

[/ QUOTE ]

Bullshit.

I'm not going to link to all the data that shows how much more money college graduates make versus a high school grad.

I'm just going to feel bad for your future.

You're too [censored] lazy to go to school, but you've got this big plan to budget and get a job and everything else?

In one of your posts you said you have a hard time waking up before noon to go to class. How the hell are you gonna do when you have to get up at 6:30am to go to the ole 8-5?

WAKE UP DUDE. Talk this over with your friends and family. If they think this is a great idea, then go for it. Either way, good luck, you're gonna need it.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:46 AM

First of all, i'm not giving up on school, just at the moment, it's not working, so i'm looking at all mym options, and the budget is to know what the [censored] i'm looking for.

I never denied me being lazy, and i'm NOT looking for the 'ole 9-5' beccause like i said (and you quoted) i can't wake up for [censored].

I don't claim to know what i'm doing, and i know the statistics about college grads vs. highschool grads. (Well i don't know them, but i assuemd a decently big differencee)

The whole point of this was i'm trying to clear my head and look at all my options and decide what can work.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:47 AM

I'm basically in the same position as you. I'm 19 and dropped out of college after two semesters. Between work and poker, I should be making about $50k this year. I live with my parents but am looking at renting an apartment or buying a house in the next few months. I'm also saving up a good chunk of money so that I can get into some investing with my uncle.

If college isn't for you, then take a break from it and try to find a decent paying job. If you can get yourself to put forth the effort, you can make pretty good money without a college degree.