Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 10:50 PM

Default Re: Layne Flack, Ted Forrest?????

[ QUOTE ]
Layne Flack, Ted Forrest: just some others to throw out there (they both win bracelets and have a history of being broke)

others to consider: minh Nguyn, Juanda, Lederer, men the master, although i dont think they play that high anymore if at all but im sure they did at one time

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on folks! Half the reason players like Todd Brunson makes these kind of "guess who" statements is to get a reaction from peanut galleries like this place. To quote Pulp Fiction re. gossip:

"when you scamps get together, you're worse than a sewing circle."

And who but insiders know if he is even telling the truth?

Frank
Old 06-28-2005, 10:53 PM

Yes, true about Ted Forest being a top cash game player but some have questioned his game selection, while that is supposedly Todd Brunson's strong point; Todd dosent always play in the highest games, he usually plays in the BEST games, such as a game including Ted Forest with Hold'em and Chinese Poker in the mix, two of Forrest's suspected worst games (by default I guess you should say)

and I do think Layne Flack was a very logical choice but most likely Todd is overly exaggerating, to me he always seems like hes pissed off at life or something, he's only had televison/online interview exposure a few times and he has seemed pissed off in all of them but who knows
Old 06-28-2005, 10:58 PM

I think Todd's just grumpy due to the fact that no matter how many tournaments, or millions he wins in the cash games, he will only be known as DOYLE BRUNSON'S SON.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:04 PM

Default Re: Who is Todd Brunson talking about?

I remember Barry G posting about a conversation with Phil Ivey about how people think Phil makes more money in the big game than Barry does. Phil said to Barry: "Why do you care?"

That's what should be said to all the pros who keep throwing fits about how the general public ranks tournament players higher than high limit players.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember Barry G posting about a conversation with Phil Ivey about how people think Phil makes more money in the big game than Barry does. Phil said to Barry: "Why do you care?"

That's what should be said to all the pros who keep throwing fits about how the general public ranks tournament players higher than high limit players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah except that barry is probably the biggest whiner of all the cash game players when it comes to how the general public ranks them against the tourney players.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah except that barry is probably the biggest whiner of all the cash game players when it comes to how the general public ranks them against the tourney players.

[/ QUOTE ]

The quote is Phil's, not Barry's. I've never seen Phil show any concern one way or the other about how the public rates his poker skill.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:33 PM

Todd Brunson tells me that he invented craps.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:08 AM

ha hah a
Old 06-29-2005, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok - My bad. Wasn't thinking straight. But my point still stands about Chan and Phil. Neither one. Maybe his pops. Todd is known to be openly critical of his dads play. The guy is complete trailer trash. The mullet kills me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love doyle's response to Todd when todd gives him crap.

"yes, I know, I'm the idiot who sired a genius"
Old 06-29-2005, 12:27 AM

Did anyone notice in one of the early WSOP tourneys Todd Brunson's hometown was listed as "Bagdad" and in a later tourney "Juarez, Mexico"? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]