Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Re: Where were you?

WOW. One hell of a memory burned into my brain for this.
I was in Mass. Painting a house for a costumer who was a flight attendent for A/A. When the first plane hit she came running outside to tell us what was going on. She was wearing the uniform and everything getting ready for work. We then went into her living room for the next couple hours and watched the second one hit live. It was so [censored] up, when she realized what flight it was she lost it. She lost 4 friends that day. We did everything we possibly could do to try to console her and help in any way. Just typing this is bringing a tear to my eye. I will certainly remember this day like it was yesterday for the rest of my life [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Very sad stuff. Jay
Old 06-08-2005, 09:05 PM

I won't lie, after I got back from work, I definitely shed a few tears about what I had seen on that day. Still gives me chills down my spine thinking about it.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:18 PM

I was a few hundred feet from the tower.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I won't lie, after I got back from work, I definitely shed a few tears about what I had seen on that day. Still gives me chills down my spine thinking about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everytime they play the audio of either the plane hitting or the towers collapsing my eyes get teared up.

I saw Farenheit 9/11 in the theater and that scene was one of the most difficult I've ever sat through, but at the same time I'm glad I did.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Everytime they play the audio of either the plane hitting or the towers collapsing my eyes get teared up.

I saw Farenheit 9/11 in the theater and that scene was one of the most difficult I've ever sat through, but at the same time I'm glad I did.

[/ QUOTE ]I agree with everything you said. Sad, I think for most people 14-25 reality hit home hard that day, which is sad for those so young and so *old*.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:33 PM

Actually, my parents' generation all remembers where they were when they heard Pearl Harbor was bombed.

I was in 7th grade algebra class when I heard JFK was shot.

On 9/11/01 I was at work (I work in downtown Boston). My company always has either CNN or Fox News on in the lobby, and I walked through just as they flashed to the the first scene of the first tower on fire. About a dozen of us were standing there watching when the second plane hit.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:43 PM

Junior year of college. I had a 10 o'clock class so I was on my way to K-Mart, super hung-over, to buy some socks, because all my socks were dirty. It was after the planes hit but before the buildings collapsed, I saw it on the TV screens in K-Mart. Bought some socks and went to school.

Everyone there was in hysterics, there were a decent number of kids from the city and a lot of other wishy-washy people who are always looking for an excuse to be hysterical. I found out that one of my classes wasn't even canceled, and I was like, WTF? So myself and my bandmate went home and started drinking at 10:45 or so.

Later we had an end-of-the-world drinking binge with some girls and I had kinky, post-terrorist-attack drunken sex. Still regret that one.

NT
Old 06-08-2005, 09:58 PM

i woke up at like 6-7am westcoast time..was playing counterstrike and some counter terrorist was like damn you terrorists you crashed into the wtc..and were all like wtf ...so i turned on cnn and watched all day long..and its true i'll never forget that day hell i even remember what i was wearing
Old 06-08-2005, 10:12 PM

Default Re: Where were you? *DELETED*

Post deleted by wacki
Old 06-08-2005, 10:57 PM

I was in the living room putting on my socks and shoes, getting ready to go to work. I saw the second one hit live, and I saw people jumping out of the building. It really blew me away to see that. It was like some part of me was just not believing it even while I saw it happening.

I had to go to work, so I couldn't just stay and watch, but I did stay an extra twenty minutes or something, and was a little late, because I just couldn't leave the t.v. set. When I got to work everyone was talking about it, and a guy I knew had two friends who both worked in the WTC towers. Turns out both of them died. He was freaked and not knowing if they were okay or not, and finally work just told everybody to go home for the rest of the day, because we were all freaked out and not working anyway, and probably as some sort of show of respect and national mourning. It's the only time in my life that leaving work early didn't put me in a good mood.