Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 01:09 AM

Default 50NL Set

A few reads on this guy. I've only been at the table 30 hands or so, but I've seen him make big bets or push under a few circumstances. Once he had JT for broadway (he had limped from UTG and called a PSB w/OESD), once he had limped A5s UTG, then called PSB on KKJsx before pushing a river Q. Additionally, he has shown limped hands from any position generally fitting the criteria of connected (regardless of rank) and suited (regardless of rank or connection). He is playing really fast and loose. My line?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">MP ($143.35)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($55.85)</font>
Button ($60.20)
SB ($49.25)
BB ($64.50)
UTG ($52.90)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: ($2.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $2, MP calls $2.

Turn: ($8.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $24</font>, Hero ????
Old 12-05-2005, 01:12 AM

Default Re: 50NL Set

Hero pushes without a second thought.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:18 AM

I see no reason not to push here. If he's fast and loose like you say, he could have any number of 2 pair or drawing hands, but you're only behind AA, 66, 74, and 42... Doubtful he'd call with either 74 or 42 on the flop since it was a gutshot either way, and AA or 66 would likely be raised preflop (maybe). Regardless, there are a ton of hands that you are crushing here. (A5, A6 or A3 seem particularly likely, I think)
Old 12-05-2005, 03:55 AM

If he's brilliant, this is 66. Given your description, it might be a straight or two pair. I got to push this.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:57 AM

nice catch on the turn, fish -- I wouldn't be surprised if you saw Ax here.

Clear push on the turn, don't wait until that backdoor flush hits and kills your action.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nice catch on the turn, fish [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].....

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 12-05-2005, 04:34 AM

Given the action leading up to his reraise, I can't think of a single move here other than jamming. Results are irrelevant [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2005, 05:31 AM

I'm making posts without reading the responses, but this looks like an instapoosh to me.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:56 AM

If you're not pushing you hate money and should take up crocheting.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:45 AM

Ok pushing seems in order. My flop bet was mostly because I was last to act and it had been checked around. I figured if someone (MP) had an A, it (he) would have been bet, although I can see Ax doing this. That said, without a 5, I would have given up this hand and checked to the river but I figure why not make a stab at an unraised, checked pot.

My question in many ways is how do people play these small PP. With late position like this, either CO or button w/limpers, I will raise 99 and up, but I frequently get nervous about smaller pairs. If its folded to me, then I'll raise any pair here. In my 14k hands at 6-max, I can't seem to get my numbers much above 21/9, which seems very very tight to me. I'm not sure what hands I should be raising, or even reraising with (all with position), since it seems the times I play SC or even suited 1-gappers, I either want limpers ahead of me or to steal the blinds and the same with 66-. In many ways, looking over my 14k at 6-max and my 8k at full ring, my PV$P and PFR% aren't all that different, but I am really not sure where to loosen up or where to be more aggro.

Is this hand, given my read on my opponent, should I be raising him to (a) isolate and (b) limit his hands or should I say, the limper ahead of him and the weakness of my pair rank this as a call instead and set mining/positional pot stealing is the right line?