Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 03:05 PM

Default Party Collusion

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop:
UTG has K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Button has K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB has J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

River: (14.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 20.50 BB

If that isnt the most obvious collusion ever I don't know what is. I emailed party about it and I got 3 different emails back. The first one said that there was no evidence of collusion, the next two said they were going to look into it. This is only the most obvious hand, they were playing very suspiciously on other hands too. Do you think party will do anything about them?
Old 12-03-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Party Collusion

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop:
UTG has K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Button has K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB has J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

River: (14.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 20.50 BB

If that isnt the most obvious collusion ever I don't know what is. I emailed party about it and I got 3 different emails back. The first one said that there was no evidence of collusion, the next two said they were going to look into it. This is only the most obvious hand, they were playing very suspiciously on other hands too. Do you think party will do anything about them?

[/ QUOTE ]

the only thing crazy is the sb call on the river. however, if he was colluding he would not have called because then you could not see his cards and he would be protected. the rest is typical 1-2 play.

also, collusion at this level is rare.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:22 PM

If that was collusion, why would SB call the river?

It's possible you just found the worst player at Party.

SB's thoughts:

UTG's prolly bluffing and trying to steal - I'll call

nice flop! - the straight's on

yes! - only one more for the straight

bugger - missed - but the pot's big - my king high might be good
Old 12-03-2005, 03:29 PM

I agree, this imediately struck me as common donk play. I play the majority of my poker at 1/2 and 2/4. The SB is a big yuppy. Just put the sb in your buddy list.

Old 12-03-2005, 03:31 PM

If the SB led at the pot the whole time, got raised on every street, than led the river than folded for one more bet wouldnt that scream collusion more than calling the raise, thus being able to muck his hand, thinking no one at the $1/$2 level is going to check the hand histories?
Old 12-03-2005, 03:39 PM

I am sorry sir, but there is no solid evidence of collusion. I hope you the best of luck in your e-mails, but I would not count on any actions to be taken unless you have more hand histories that solidify that this is collusion.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:40 PM

go look at the other hand histories from them playing together at this table......
Old 12-03-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the SB led at the pot the whole time, got raised on every street, than led the river than folded for one more bet wouldnt that scream collusion more than calling the raise

[/ QUOTE ]

the player is insane - who knows what he's thinking?

but someone else with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] might play like this, try a last ditch bluff on the river, then fold after he's called and raised, so, no, i don't think one hand like this played with a fold instead of the final call would raise a flag

it will be interesting to hear what Party's investigations turn up
Old 12-03-2005, 04:08 PM

seems like idiot play, and not collusion play, and it's 1/2 limit, collusion RARE, and he called river.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:39 PM

I think the only thing the SB is thinking is:
I hope I win I hope I win I hope I win I hope I win damn!