Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 09:15 PM

Default One of you guys should step up as the [censored] of MHNL

AZK is already a mod, he'd be fine by me. Basically, this person would ban users who post dumbass crap.

I would also support Yeti, fsuplayer, KKF in this role (and any other good player w/ good judgement re: this sort of thing). In fact, give all four of them power to ban people. That would be great.

Anyway, just an idea that has imo worked quite well in OOT (someone can link to the relevant threads) and I think would really improve this forum dramatically.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:23 PM

Default Re: One of you guys should step up as the [censored] of MHNL

funny because about a month ago, before the [censored] thing, i read a bunch of stupid threads and started to make a post entitled "MAKE FLAWLESS_VIC A MOD SO HE CAN BAN IDIOTS"...
but then i just clicked back on my browser when i realized i didnt really give a fvck... true story.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:24 PM

alao i didnt know how to make a poll.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:27 PM

OK, flawless, I specifically did not include you in that list because I thought you might be prone to going a little overboard. But given the fact that you had this idea prior to [censored], you are the obvious choice and have my full support. I hope you decide to step up.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:36 PM

I talked with a few of the other mods from last weeks incident with spladle master and r3vbr, some suggested a warning system works better than a ban, even if it is just for a few days. Can I really ban someone because they have an opinion different from yours, mine, or anyone elses? Even if it is retarded? For some reason, that doesn't really seem right. I assume that's what you mean by stupid [censored]. I was trying to not get all gestapo on the forum and be a little more lenient concerning certain thread topics/conversations (and their total lack of relevance/coherent thought/etc), but if everyone is really bothered by it, then I could just start ramping up the deleted threads/warnings/etc...

Originally when I became a mod, I had visions of deleting a thread here or there, but for the most part having a minor role expecting all of us to work together to keep this place neat...meh.

BTW, I'd be all for yeti,fsu,kkf,flawless etc to hop on board too. I don't know how many others care enough to do it though like flawless mentioned...
Old 10-09-2005, 09:40 PM

who what where...that is the question........
Old 10-09-2005, 09:40 PM

quote the noclue...nevermore!?
Old 10-09-2005, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can I really ban someone because they have an opinion different from yours, mine, or anyone elses? Even if it is retarded? For some reason, that doesn't really seem right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course. It will be a laugh riot.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can I really ban someone because they have an opinion different from yours, mine, or anyone elses? Even if it is retarded? For some reason, that doesn't really seem right.

[/ QUOTE ]

People are banned for being dumbasses, not for having differing opinions. I have many times had differing opinions w/ flawless and KKF, for example. That does not make them dumbasses.

This thread and numerous others in OOT describe how that forum is being improved.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

People are banned for being dumbasses, not for having differing opinions. I have many times had differing opinions w/ flawless and KKF, for example. That does not make them dumbasses.

This thread and numerous others in OOT describe how that forum is being improved.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think i'm grasping what is wrong with MHNL?? i don't post here, only read and try to understand thoughts/motives of the big guns around here. do you have any example posts from this forum of an idiot post? and don't quote mine. not cute.