Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 09:05 PM

Default My apologies and last post on the topic...

[ QUOTE ]
I think this one was just a misunderstanding. Garland made some errors in logical reasoning and I was trying to help him learn so I told him that his reasoning was simplistic and wrong, much like his poker analysis. I think he kinda took that in a negative way, but I didn't mean it negatively.

[/ QUOTE ]

Diablo asserts he doesn’t have the time to moderate the MHNL forums.

I guess there is something truly wrong with my logic if I believe that Diablo's enormous time on 2+2 (evidenced by recent and total post counts as well as his own admission…be it primary or secondary tasks) spent posting and reading couldn't easily integrate other tasks such as locking threads, deleting posts, banning people, etc. I thought it "takes minimal brain cycles" to do the moderator tasks, but I could be entirely wrong on that too as I've never been a moderator. I, personally, thought that it was funny/contradictory that he said he didn't have the time to moderate given his tremendous dedication to this site. Maybe others felt the same way, maybe not.

However, in the end, it really is his choice whether or not to be a moderator...for whatever reason. End of story.

Anyhow, this particular matter is quite trivial. And it was childish of me to carry on in a public forum. I apologize for starting this entire mess, and I will stop now.

P.S. I agree with and respect AZK's decision to delete my and El Diablo's posts on this thread. Indeed, it does go against the spirit and purpose of this portion of the forum, which is to discuss strategy. If he decides to delete this one as well, I will respect that too. AZK, you've done a great job here. Carry on.

Garland
Old 10-10-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Re: My apologies and last post on the topic...

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe others felt the same way, maybe not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Color me amused and delighted at your prose and in agreement with your observations.

Clearly I share your terrible logic, and I suspect that I process information even more slowly than you.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:25 PM

Default Re: My apologies and last post on the topic...

[ QUOTE ]
I guess there is something truly wrong with my logic if I believe that Diablo's enormous time on 2+2 (evidenced by recent and total post counts as well as his own admission…be it primary or secondary tasks) spent posting and reading couldn't easily integrate other tasks such as locking threads, deleting posts, banning people, etc. I thought it "takes minimal brain cycles" to do the moderator tasks, but I could be entirely wrong on that too as I've never been a moderator.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been a moderator, and your assumptions are completely correct.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:18 AM

Default Re: Banning on 2+2

"This is all very sweet in a tree hugger/first amendment sort of way but unfortunately it contradicts the facts."

I'm not a radical liberal; I just believe that 2+2, specifically the MHNL forum, should be unmoderated and uncensored. I'm also not sure what facts my opinion contradicts. How long have you been reading the forums -- for me, since about 2000. At the time, MHNL didn't exist, but a few months after I started reading the mid-,high- stakes forums, many of the best posters left due to post moderation by Mason/2+2. A shame, I thought, at the time, since I was trying to learn how to play the game.

"Uncontrolled idiocy and harrassment is what killed RGP and idiots on rampage have driven away more respected posters on 2+2 than any 'free speech' protests. Paul Phillips for example, though he is merely one of the higher profile cases."

I don't read rgp and not much of the WPT forum. But I have read MHNL and MHL for the past five years, and I think the forums are good in their present form. The existence of a moderator at all is poor judgement, in my view, much less the creation of additional moderators.