Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2004, 03:49 PM

Default Massive semi-bluff

We're playing $10 no-limit $0.20 BB. It's the end of the night and only three of us are left.

SB (approx. $13)
Hero is BB (approx $47)
Button (approx. $45)

Preflop: ($0.30) Button is first action and raises to $1.20, SB folds, Hero reraises to $3.20 with 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Button calls.

Flop: ($6.50) 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Button bets $2, Hero raises to $5, button reraises to $10, Hero pushes all-in (about $34 more after calling the $5 reraise), Button folds (Turns out he had A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]).

This was a home game and I'm known to make plays like this all the time. It's gotten to the point where whenever there's a draw on the board and I bet, the players assume I'm semi-bluffing on the come. While it reduces my chances of semi-bluffing effectively, it does get me massive amounts of action on my legit hands.

Any comments?
Old 09-08-2004, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Massive semi-bluff

wow, thats pretty LAG. all-in on a gutshot draw for sucker straight on a 2 flush flop is stretching the definition of semibluff.I think you only won because you represented the big pocket pair pretty well.

villain's reraise with AJh is also pretty loose.