Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2005, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Friends colluding

There's no way in hell I'd turn them in. Though we're not very close I consider at least one of them to be a pretty good friend. Loyalty supercedes do-gooding. I suppose my OP was pointless, there's not really much I can do. It is a rather upsetting situation though.

-Phoenix
Old 08-12-2005, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there's not really much I can do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course there is. You just won't do most of it.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There's no way in hell I'd turn them in. Though we're not very close I consider at least one of them to be a pretty good friend. Loyalty supercedes do-gooding. I suppose my OP was pointless, there's not really much I can do. It is a rather upsetting situation though.

-Phoenix

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should look in the mirror and decide why you want to be "pretty good friends" with a friggin cheater.

I think that says something about you thats not very flattering

If he cheats at poker like this, he probably cheats on his girlfriend / wife and who knows what else. Dont be surprised if some money dissapears from your wallet when youre not looking.
I think that says something about you thats not very flattering.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's worse when you see people in the dorms doing it. I walked by 4.. yes 4 of them colluding on a .5/1 limit table on party. I told them it would be more profitable to just learn how to play poker and they were like "Dude we're up like $30."

So.. I taught them a lesson the hard way. I sat down on a couch in the same room as them on the same table. Took about 150$ from them. They were like "That OodlesofPoop guy is so good. He's amazing."

I used the money to buy beer for my hallway that weekend. My suggestion is to pretend to be helping them but then screw them over. Teach them the hard way.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh
Old 08-13-2005, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

-Phoenix

[/ QUOTE ]

So, how long have you been colluding with yer buds? Why are you wanting out of the group now? Did you really think there was a way to get out of it without getting caught yourself?

Too bad I don't know what site and 2 names. The whole gang would go down.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Phoenix

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should look in the mirror and decide why you want to be "pretty good friends" with a friggin cheater.

If he cheats at poker like this, he probably cheats on his girlfriend / wife and who knows what else. Dont be surprised if some money dissapears from your wallet when youre not looking.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not necessarily so black and white. Don't get me wrong, I think his friends are scumbags for stealing from people. But, lets say you grew up with a guy since you were a kid and as the years went on he started dealing drugs. Would you really turn him in (we will say for this argument that you knew for a fact he was selling only to college kids and older)? I mean there are strong bonds felt between close friends that sometimes won't be broken even when the friend does scummy things. I think he should try to attempt to talk his friends out of it. But, if he is close with one of the guys, it would be pretty tough to rat on him. I know I would have a hard time doing it, and I consider myself a fairly moral person.

craig
Old 08-13-2005, 02:10 AM

Depends on what type of guy you are. Are you a guy who would steal money from people? If not, why are you friends with people who do? Report them to the website without a second thought.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But, lets say you grew up with a guy since you were a kid and as the years went on he started dealing drugs. Would you really turn him in (we will say for this argument that you knew for a fact he was selling only to college kids and older)?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Just no. Drug dealing is giving a product to a person where they willingly buy the product. These two kids are stealing money from people.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Phoenix

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not necessarily so black and white. Don't get me wrong, I think his friends are scumbags for stealing from people. But, lets say you grew up with a guy since you were a kid and as the years went on he started dealing drugs. Would you really turn him in (we will say for this argument that you knew for a fact he was selling only to college kids and older)? I mean there are strong bonds felt between close friends that sometimes won't be broken even when the friend does scummy things. I think he should try to attempt to talk his friends out of it. But, if he is close with one of the guys, it would be pretty tough to rat on him. I know I would have a hard time doing it, and I consider myself a fairly moral person.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I'd love to see these jerks get caught, but to rat on your friends is even lower than cheating. Drinking and driving is much more serious, who calls the cops on their friends as they leave the bar?
Old 08-13-2005, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Phoenix

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I'd love to see these jerks get caught, but to rat on your friends is even lower than cheating. Drinking and driving is much more serious, who calls the cops on their friends as they leave the bar?

[/ QUOTE ]

No one, but you dont passively say, "well ok if you want." You steal their keys and tell them they aren't leaving unless it is via foot or a cab.

Also it should be noted that the OP is probably not always in a drunken stupor thus causing his reasoning and decision making concerning this situation to be affected. While on the other hand most of the time when you are around a buddy who is about to drive drunk you are probably drinking yourself and therefore not in a situation for optimal decision making either if you do happen to let him drive.

These are two completely different situations.