Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 09:34 PM

Default Re: 25-50 NL AA hand

Limp reraising preflop doesnt make sense to me when we're playing this deep, especially OOP.

Also, since El D isn't hero here, are there any distinguishing notes on hero that villain might know?
Old 12-20-2005, 09:37 PM

For all of you who are advocating the c/r all in on the turn. When we flat call the flop bet, wont alarm bells go off in villains head? Id imagine if we check to him and he is on a draw he will take the free card. Is a good line to just call and then 2/3 pot any turn?

I know I am out of my element here but do villains really fire blank turns with draws in these games? I would hate to give him a free card.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I know I am out of my element here but do villains really fire blank turns with draws in these games?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it's not deerchaser, but have you ever seen Mahatma play? He doesn't even need draws. I imagine the same is true for every single experienced player playing this high.

Deerchaser could have something retarded like.. A7o and make the same move.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I know I am out of my element here but do villains really fire blank turns with draws in these games?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it's not deerchaser, but have you ever seen Mahatma play? He doesn't even need draws. I imagine the same is true for every single experienced player playing this high.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is once I flat call this on the flop would a reasonable villain expect me to c/f the turn? I cant see how he could. I think once I call on the flop I am telling villain that my hand is fantastic and I am gonna c/r him on the turn. Pushing on the flop might look MORE like a weak hand than flatcalling here.

And no, I have zero experience at these stakes, but it is nice to dream.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is once I flat call this on the flop would a reasonable villain expect me to c/f the turn? I cant see how he could. I think once I call on the flop I am telling villain that my hand is fantastic and I am gonna c/r him on the turn. Pushing on the flop might look MORE like a weak hand than flatcalling here.

And no, I have zero experience at these stakes, but it is nice to dream.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto, no experience either also, but watching these guys play, and the HH you read here, you got to realize it's a Lagish game.

Also, if we call, it doesn't necessarily mean we have a monster. We could have a flush draw here and play it the same way. Hence the reason why DC will push the turn on a non-diamond.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
All,

watcher_uatu was hero in this hand. I have only seen him a few times, but he seems like a pretty decent/reasonable player.

He reraised all-in on the flop and deer called w/ 33, which held up.

[/ QUOTE ]

just wanted to say that i think watcher is actually much tighter than most players in that game. i dont really know if deer is aware of this or not. in the 800 hands ive played with him watcher has a pfr of 2% and the one and only hand he has raised that made it to showdown that i have seen is the completely unsurprising AA. i would guess your comments about range of lrr hands applies less to him than most.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:26 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,

watcher_uatu was hero in this hand. I have only seen him a few times, but he seems like a pretty decent/reasonable player.

He reraised all-in on the flop and deer called w/ 33, which held up.

[/ QUOTE ]

just wanted to say that i think watcher is actually much tighter than most players in that game. i dont really know if deer is aware of this or not. in the 800 hands ive played with him watcher has a pfr of 2% and the one and only hand he has raised that made it to showdown that i have seen is the completely unsurprising AA. i would guess your comments about range of lrr hands applies less to him than most.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like watcher is a fish in this game.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:45 PM

After some chats with El Diablo it seems to me that the limp re-raise is simply too small. Why limp re-raise and still give the guy odds to bust you with a set?
Old 12-20-2005, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After some chats with El Diablo it seems to me that the limp re-raise is simply too small. Why limp re-raise and still give the guy odds to bust you with a set?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero would need to repop it to 1K-1200 to get 33 to fold.

Hero wanted action with his AA and got it.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero would need to repop it to 1K-1200 to get 33 to fold.

Hero wanted action with his AA and got it.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you aren't getting "action" if the guy gets odds to flop his set and will stack you every time. You need to raise enough where he is making a mistake to call, right?