Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 05:30 PM

Default techniques for multitabling effectively

Is there a good FAQ or post about techniques for multitabling effectively?

I have been 3-4 tabling, and I am usally getting timed out on one of the boards about once per hour. Is there a way to turn off some sounds and not others, or what other techniques are good for gaining speed and stopping this from happening.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:20 PM

Default Re: techniques for multitabling effectively

1. Get a monitor with 1600x1200 resolution where you can see 100% of each table you're playing. This will help immensely.

2. Study up on the strategy of whatever game you're playing to where you literally don't even have to think about your preflop decisions...ie - become a button-pushing robot that knows what it's going to do before it does it. This takes lots of study and practical application.

3. Move up your # of tables slowly...only add a table when you are super-comfortable with how many you have going presently.

4. Eliminate your outside distractions. Don't watch TV, talk on the phone, or post advice for strangers while you're 4-tabling the 22's (maybe I should follow my own advice).

5. Don't assume there is any magic advice on how to be a better multi-tabler. There are some things that can help, but generaly speaking, the better poker player you are, the easier it will be for you to multi-table effectively.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Get a monitor with 1600x1200 resolution where you can see 100% of each table you're playing. This will help immensely.

2. Study up on the strategy of whatever game you're playing to where you literally don't even have to think about your preflop decisions...ie - become a button-pushing robot that knows what it's going to do before it does it. This takes lots of study and practical application.

3. Move up your # of tables slowly...only add a table when you are super-comfortable with how many you have going presently.

4. Eliminate your outside distractions. Don't watch TV, talk on the phone, or post advice for strangers while you're 4-tabling the 22's (maybe I should follow my own advice).

5. Don't assume there is any magic advice on how to be a better multi-tabler. There are some things that can help, but generaly speaking, the better poker player you are, the easier it will be for you to multi-table effectively.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well put.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue"> I got the monitor.</font>

<font color="blue"> I usually know what I want to do, but some hands you have to see what the people in front of you do before you choose your action.</font>

<font color="blue"> two is absolutely no problem, it is when I go to three or four I start missing some things </font>

<font color="blue"> I am guilty of this -- looking at 2+2 on my other computer. I also sometimes examine the hand history after a hand to see what people had -- this gets me alot, screws up my timing, but I don't know how to avoid this. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue"> I was not looking for magic advice, I was looking like perhaps keyboard shortcuts, increasing mouse cursor speed, or some other techniques </font>
Old 09-20-2005, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue"> I got the monitor.</font>

<font color="blue"> I usually know what I want to do, but some hands you have to see what the people in front of you do before you choose your action.</font>

<font color="blue"> two is absolutely no problem, it is when I go to three or four I start missing some things </font>

<font color="blue"> I am guilty of this -- looking at 2+2 on my other computer. I also sometimes examine the hand history after a hand to see what people had -- this gets me alot, screws up my timing, but I don't know how to avoid this. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue"> I was not looking for magic advice, I was looking like perhaps keyboard shortcuts, increasing mouse cursor speed, or some other techniques </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Great advice Sammy but I guess you aren't a mind reader.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:42 PM

I use mouse speed cranked all the way up. Quick seat software. TWEAKUI to eliminate multiple clicks to bring tables to foreground. Turn off animations. Hi speed connection. 1600x1200 Monitors. Apart from these things you can play 8-20+ tables for awhile. When you go back to 4 tables it'll seem SLOW.... (BTW I know a couple people playing 16-22 tables without a problem, not sure why you are having a problem with 4)
Old 09-20-2005, 08:52 PM

MTH is a life saver.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:09 PM

What is MTH?

Also what other software do you guys run when you are multitabling? ie. pokertracker, playerview, ... or some other things?

I am new to this, I just started, and I don't even have any of those software programs yet.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:15 PM

Try to be polite and you might get more answers.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:54 PM

What did I say that was impolite?