Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 10:55 PM

Default c/r turn w/ AKo - no pair

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, Button calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

Crazy? FPS again?
Old 08-02-2005, 01:13 AM

Default Re: c/r turn w/ AKo - no pair

I'd rather c/r the flop to face UTG+1 with 2 bets and clean up my outs.

[ QUOTE ]
Crazy? FPS again?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:36 AM

why did you raise the button on the turn? just wondering...

The board shows straight and flush possibilities. I think you are already behind and have one less out to make your hand since the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] wont help you.

Even if you make a pair on the river I don't think it will help you.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:54 AM

Given the way the action has gone, I think Button quite likely has an overpair.

If UTG+1 happens to have, say, A8o, and you can drive him out, then that has certain benefits. But the attempt is expensive, UTG+1 probably has something else, and I think you're going to have to show down the best hand to win, most of the time. (I doubt Button is going anywhere.)
Old 08-02-2005, 02:11 AM

I would 3-bet the flop before I raise the turn. I think 3 betting the flop and betting out on the turn is a much better option than raising this turn.

Do you have any stats on this guy? His flop raise looks like overcards trying to steal on the ragged board. I think you need to 3-bet and take control of the hand.

Bet out the turn and reaccess on the river. Calling a turn raise would depend a lot on whether +1 stayed in for the flop and turn.