Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2004, 08:41 PM

Default two hands for review

Should I fire again on the turn?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks.

River: (5 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: 5 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 5 BB, between MP3, Hero and UTG+2.</font>

This kind of hand I have trouble playing. A PFR. I have 2nd pair. I knew that MP2 was an aggressive player and would bet the flop regardless, and that he would check the turn if he didn't have anything. That is why I called the flop bet. I'm really not comfortable calling this flop bet because what do I do if he bets again on the turn? Lay it down? I didn't bet the river because the SB had me worried of a weak ace.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks.

River: (5 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: 5 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 5 BB, between MP2, SB and Hero.</font>
Old 08-24-2004, 08:56 PM

Default Re: two hands for review

Hand one: I bet the river, not the turn. 2 pair on the board, no one has offered a bet yet, your ace kicker is likely to be the best hand.

Hand 2: I think you should let this go on the flop. The pot is not very big and you likely have the worst hand with few outs and no reasonable draw.
Old 08-24-2004, 08:58 PM

Fold QKo UTG.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:04 PM

I think it depends on the table whether to fold or raise preflop. I should have caught the preflop play though. My bad [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I think that KQo UTG is EITHER a fold or a raise, and not a limp regardless.