Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 11:01 PM

Default Re: Would you make this call

[ QUOTE ]
I say 66, 22, or KK

[/ QUOTE ]

KK no chance. Hes raising behind two limpers out of position for sure with kk and the mathematics suggest its very unlikly he has kk.
22 again he would have to check that flop and let someone catch up.
66 is possible but I think he would have checked his house on flop and for the same reason.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:12 PM

As loose as he was with that K8 hand, it's still a lot different than pushing vs. a turn c/r.

A skilled LAG makes so many aggressive plays based on opponents and situations rather than cards that who knows what he was thinking with the K8. Maybe the table is weak/tight overall and he has gotten several limpers to fold pf previously. Maybe he perceives the one caller as being weak/tight postflop. It looks like he did play the river correctly, afterall.

This is going to sound stupid, but my guess is that if he knows what he's doing, he has a boat. If not, he has a flush
draw or Kx like you said.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:22 PM

How likely is it that he has a two in his hand. He was fourth to act preflop so if he has a two it has to be ace two (suited) or 2 3 (suited). For him to limp and then call the raise. Im fearing pocket sixs on the flop the twos didnt really scare me.

Any thougths?
Old 08-22-2005, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How likely is it that he has a two in his hand. He was fourth to act preflop so if he has a two it has to be ace two (suited) or 2 3 (suited). For him to limp and then call the raise. Im fearing pocket sixs on the flop the twos didnt really scare me.

Any thougths?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think someone who raises K8o out of the blinds is limited to calling only two of the possible hands that contain a 2.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You need to raise more here. Make it $20.

[/ QUOTE ]
$20 is not a legal raise, but I agree that he should pot it here.