Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2005, 04:22 AM

Default Re: psychotropic drugs

When you're first trying any of these drugs, do them with a person or person(s) who has experience. Preferably people who aren't annoying as well. They'll be able to address the rest of your concerns. There's nothing to worry about as long as you go in informed.

I would suggest staying away from peyote until you have done shrooms or acid. Peyote's really powerful stuff and it would be best to at least get a general idea of what you are in for before you even touch the stuff.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:24 AM

yes I have friends with experience, but I'm also worried about the specific health risks associated with something like, say, shrooms.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yes I have friends with experience, but I'm also worried about the specific health risks associated with something like, say, shrooms.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could catch AIDS from your cellmate if you aren't careful
Old 07-31-2005, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's nothing to worry about. They won't adversely affect your health in any way, unless you choke on them or something.

You can google it to find specific info. I don't have facts other than my own personal experience and the experiences of about a cajillion friends/acquaintances. I've eaten mushrooms or drank mushroom tea well over 100 times. I've dosed way, way more than that. I haven't done either in at least 5 years. Drugs become boring after awhile.
Old 07-31-2005, 06:31 AM

Just make sure that you are secure with who you are before you take anything like this. The one-time use of something like shrooms isn't going to hurt you physically, but the psychological effects are what you should be concerned about.

A good trip can show you things about yourself that you never knew, and can open new doors for you. A bad trip can scare the living hell out of you. I have a friend who took one of these drugs and freaked out more than I've ever seen someone do. I think that I was somewhat to blame, since I didn't ensure that he was psychologically fit to take it. He's a confident guy on the outside, but a drug can definitely bring out the nasties lurking around inside.

At any rate, as long as you can handle the idea of a bad trip, and the deep introspection that you'll get from a drug like this, then do whatever you want. If you have doubts, stay away.

I also just want to say that I believe that if everyone were to take a psychoactive drug just once, the world would be a much more friendly place. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2005, 07:23 AM

Shrooms...mmm

When I did them i had a massive body buzz, a feeling of euphoria, and all colors were very bright and vivid. (almost like a childrens tv show). I didnt get any very distinct visuals. At one point, i was trying to figure out whether my friend was a ninja or a zombie, because for some reason I thought he looked like both, but I dont think his appearance changed very much, just how my brain decided to take it...

First time you do it, take half an 8th, and 4 hours into it, take the other half if you're enjoying it. I took the whole 8th and got sick before I started tripping. It didnt ruin anything and I was fine after it was out of my stomach, but wish I would have divided the dosage.

I had a friend who took too much for his body weight, and ended up having a very bad time because of it. This was mostly because he was around a bunch of sober people who didnt know how to act, so they just laughed at him. The way he described it sounded pretty horrible. So just make sure you're around other people who are on it, and hopefully know how to help you handle a bad trip if things go wrong.

Strange that this was posted...Today is the 2nd time im going to do shrooms, and we'll be going to the movies and watching willy wonka on them... Should be pretty nuts.

Hope your experience is good [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2005, 07:27 AM

never tried it, probably never will...

too much deep dark [censored] in the soul for it to be a good trip - all that nasty [censored] that comes out as tears with alcohol would probably come out as 10 foot snakes with 3 foot fangs...

RB
Old 07-31-2005, 08:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
would probably come out as 10 foot snakes with 3 foot fangs...

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, well, the visuals that you get are (from my experience) nothing like 10 foot snakes. In fact, I don't ever recall seeing something that wasn't really there. Your brain just plays tricks and the perception of what you're seeing changes. It's tough to explain, though. For example, the poster saying that he couldn't decide whether his friend was a zombie or a ninja...That probably doesn't make a damn bit of sense to someone who's never done a psychoactive drug. To me, it makes perfect sense. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2005, 10:14 AM

I used to prefer tripping at night as opposed to day. If you look closely at your normal vision in dim light, it's comprised of colored pixels much like a TV screen. It's the warping and movement of these pixels that gives you the weird visions.

Also, you can find a quiet spot to watch the sun come up before you take two Tylenol PM's and go to bed.

P.S. Drop the stuff early evening so you can go to bed after dawn. You don't want to be running around hallucinating during the next day. Ugh.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:29 AM

Has anyone taken salvia?

-SmileyEH