Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2005, 06:14 PM

Default Flush hand, how are 4th and 5th streets?

Going through today's hands with the calculator.. Seat 5 is an extreme fish who goes up to 5th street with ANY hand, and to the river if he has a pair.

- Should I raise the 4th? As the fish has a random hand, and I have a pair, should I try to isolate right there? Call seems weak.. On the other hand my board looks very weak and the isolation might not be succesful.
- Should I bet the 5th since it was checked to me? I kind of disliked the 3 flush of the other unknown opponent and the fact that one of my deuces became dead. Again too passive? EDIT: Went through the hand again and noticed a memory failure.. I didn't raise the FOURTH STR because there I disliked the fact that one of my deuces become dead..

- Other streets are fine, aren't they?

7 Card Stud High ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.75 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (2.75 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (2.88 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks

6th Street - (2.88 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises

River - (6.88 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

Total pot: (8.88 BB)

Results:
Main Pot: $34 | Rake: $1.5

Seat 5: [ Td Tc 6s Js 2d Jd 7d ] [ two pairs, jacks and tens -- Js,Jd,Td,Tc,7d ]

Hero: [ 8h 2h 6h 2s Qh 5h Jh ] [ a flush, queen high -- Qh,Jh,8h,6h,5h ]
Old 07-02-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Flush hand, how are 4th and 5th streets?

I'm probably way off here but...

Don't we have an equity edge here where we should be betting this on 5th street, or does the 3flush on seat 4 make this not such a good idea? I see that seat 6 folded one of our [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s, but seats 1 and 3 both mucked [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]'s.

Comments?
Old 07-02-2005, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Flush hand, how are 4th and 5th streets?

kylma,

i think the hand was well played. it seems pretty standard to me.

coolidge,

i think it's a close call between betting and taking the free card. a checkraise from the three flush would be awful. hero's hand probably needs a flush to win. if the pair were higher or the deuces werent dead, i think a bet would be better.

respectfuly,
temp