Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Hands in the SB

how much higher should VPIP in SB be compared to normal VPIP? I have been going on pot odds and calling with marginal hands if im getting something like 7:1 or better, but thats because of my holdem background and im not sure if it applies here. a hand:

Party Poker (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, three limps, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="red">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="red">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, BB folds.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="red">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="red">Hero raises...</font>

Final Pot:
Old 06-29-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Hands in the SB

With a 2 3 5 in my hand, I would probably complete the blind as long as there were at least 4 or 5 limpers and hope to pull an ace or make a straight. You did both and it worked out perfectly for you, making the nut low and a 6 high straight. Plus the ace and 2 may have counterfeited someone else's nut low. The hand was played well.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:37 PM

Not entirely sure, never looked. In SB I just look for a good reason to play, depending on the situation. One caller to me, I may raise to get HU. Many callers, limp &amp; hope for a flop.

IMO, your hand here is good for a limp.
Good flop, good check.
That is a very happy turn card. Let's all say it together
"UNCOUNTERFEITABLE LOOOOOOOOOOW".
Not to mention draws out the wazoooo. Check raise and reraise until your mouse dies. I push here to make higher flush and boat draws pay.
Hey, lookie here, Nut high with the river too. With all the money in the pot from all that turn betting......

I think I need a valium...
Old 06-29-2005, 04:00 PM

I would have checked raised the turn here. Make anybody with a better flush draw or a straight draw pay an extra bet.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:58 PM

As always, it depends, but the winning players in my database have a VPIP about 10-15 points higher from the SB.

I will complete from SB at loose tables with 23xx if it has two additional features to it.

Preflop: Here you have a) a backup low card and b) a flushdraw to the Q, so I’d complete.

Flop: You are getting 8:1 for the nutlowdraw plus pair so I check-call as you did.

Turn: You have an uncounterfeitable nutlow plus a 19-card straight-flush wrap to the 2nd nuts, so you want as much money in here as possible. I would probably check-raise here.

River: I’d checkraise or bet depending on opponent, probably checkraising.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:46 PM

DB,

raise the turn! you're freerolling!

preflop, completing is fine. chances are decent that there's an ace or two for you to catch.

respectfully,
temp
Old 07-01-2005, 12:16 AM

OMG...check-raise that turn, donkey. You have a monster.