Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Huge pot, HU

the only hands that cap the flop after you 3bet are AK with a club and KK with a club and AA. also an aggro KcQc. MAAAYYYYBBBBEEE AxQc. as for your river, what are you ahead of when you raise that?
Old 12-04-2005, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the only hands that cap the flop after you 3bet are AK with a club and KK with a club and AA. as for your river, what are you ahead of when you raise that?

[/ QUOTE ]

QQ w/ a club? JJ w/ a club? AQ w/ a club?
Old 12-04-2005, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the only hands that cap the flop after you 3bet are AK with a club and KK with a club and AA. as for your river, what are you ahead of when you raise that?

[/ QUOTE ]

QQ w/ a club? JJ w/ a club? AQ w/ a club?

[/ QUOTE ]

possible (i dont think JJ with a club is really possible, maybe AQ) but without a read im not gonna assume nutso. and when they raise the turn the river checkraise is borderline spewing.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the only hands that cap the flop after you 3bet are AK with a club and KK with a club and AA. also an aggro KcQc. MAAAYYYYBBBBEEE AxQc. as for your river, what are you ahead of when you raise that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why KK with a club, but not 88-QQ with a club?

On the river, I beat A7, A5, PPs, AQ, MAAAYYYYBBBBEEE AJ.

I dunno, normally I don't think I would do this, but with the autoraising he was doing, along with the fact that he was almost all in, along with the fact that he posted UTG (I didn't know that at the time, but I think knowing that adds a bunch to this picture), made it seem like I could have the best hand quite often.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why KK with a club, but not 88-QQ with a club?

On the river, I beat A7, A5, PPs, AQ, MAAAYYYYBBBBEEE AJ.

I dunno, normally I don't think I would do this, but with the autoraising he was doing, along with the fact that he was almost all in, along with the fact that he posted UTG (I didn't know that at the time, but I think knowing that adds a bunch to this picture), made it seem like I could have the best hand quite often.

[/ QUOTE ]

KK with a club is the nutflush draw. the others are not. people go nutso with nutflush draws and it should be apparent why KK w/a club is far more likely than any other pp with a club. as for your other hands, if you're gonna say he starts capping/going nutso with garbage like A7 preflop, you gotta add a bunch of hands that flopped sets/flushes, which once again, evens up your range. sure, he's all in, but i just dont like the river checkraise against an unknown.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

88-KK, regardless of having a club. A9-AQ with or without a club. KT-KQ with a club.

That is before I realized he posted UTG. With that extra information, his range widens up a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you put him on that range without a read? Is 88-TT really capping preflop, capping flop and raising turn? Same with KT-KQ w/ a club... Seems like only a ultra-LAG would do this...
Old 12-04-2005, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

88-KK, regardless of having a club. A9-AQ with or without a club. KT-KQ with a club.

That is before I realized he posted UTG. With that extra information, his range widens up a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you put him on that range without a read? Is 88-TT really capping preflop, capping flop and raising turn? Same with KT-KQ w/ a club... Seems like only a ultra-LAG would do this...

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a range that justified my flop 3-bet. Once we get to the turn, his range changes.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This was a range that justified my flop 3-bet. Once we get to the turn, his range changes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok now I understand. I still think you have to discount the combos of A9 - AJ with or w/o a club pretty heavily (would an unknown UTG raiser cap A9-AJ pf OOP)? Also you should discount 88-JJ w/o a club even more heavily.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok now I understand. I still think you have to discount the combos of A9 - AJ with or w/o a club pretty heavily (would an unknown UTG raiser cap A9-AJ pf OOP)? Also you should discount 88-JJ w/o a club even more heavily.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, weighting definetly needs to be done, but using any reasonable weighting I think would show we definetly have enough equity to 3-bet the flop. Also notice that he isn't OOP.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he open raised UTG, then capped your 3bet from the bb. this range makes no sense without a read.