Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 02:43 AM

Default Are the Bears that underrated?

I know its at Pittsburgh, but +6? This seems off the mark by 3
Old 12-06-2005, 02:54 AM

Default Re: Are the Bears that underrated?

According to scoresandodds.com, it opened at -4 and has been bet up. My book has it at -5.5.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:10 AM

yes...they are 6-1-1 the last 8 weeks ATS and seemingly always hit the under. I've made money off them. I hate them very much, but the public seems to hate them too much. I hate betting on them, but money is money.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:22 AM

NoChance, what do you think about this game?

I was convinced for most of the year that this would be the Steelers in a rout. Then after the Monday night game, where the Colts defense (which is the same scheme as the Bears with worse players) lit up Pitt. The Steelers have been having a ton of problems on the O-line, not good against the Bears front four. Plus, the way that the Steelers have struggled against the run since the Jags game.

I think I still like the Steelers straight up, but with the 6 I might lean towards the Bears.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:32 AM

My numbers point to a 14-13 win by Pittsburgh. I usually don't bet on Steeler games though because it's too hard to tell if it's my heart doing the thinking or my head. I too think they have too much trouble on offense right now. The defense has been suspect but I think they have less trouble containing Chicago's offense compared to the teams they have played in recent weeks obviously. This one could come down to special teams, field position, and defensive scores....a nice physical - hard hitting game.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:17 PM

I don't usually bet on the Bears either. I just wanted an opinion from the only sane Steelers fan I know. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I love games that are physical and tough. This should be a fun week for me. I'm friends with a lot of wackjob Pittsburgh fans.

[ QUOTE ]
The defense has been suspect but I think they have less trouble containing Chicago's offense compared to the teams they have played in recent weeks

[/ QUOTE ] Now that was a kind way to put Kyle Orton sucks. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] This game is almost too obvious of an under.