Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Re: War and relegion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dude. a huge motivator?

[/ QUOTE ] For the people who are fighting the war and the people at home supporting it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The people in the military are generally much too professional to be motivated by their religious beliefs in fighting this war. I know that might surprise you, but from my experience it is absolutley true. We have enough motivating factors to fight on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you in the military?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you're only a "kid"?

[/ QUOTE ]

33, in for 11 years thus far.

"kidluckee" is just a poker screen name.

[/ QUOTE ]

33? C'mon kidluckee, I'm not sure you could sell the concept of you being 33 to a single person on this forum. (your postings seem uber-youthful)

Cheers,
SDM

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, okay, do I have to send picture ID, what bis this Golden Palace Poker?
Old 09-22-2005, 05:14 PM

Agreed, to you the only reason was the want of the money.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Religion is used to rile up the mases on thier side, but on our side we are very professional? This amounts to nothing more than chauvinism.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you see any 16-year olds in the American military strapping on bombs and blowing themselves up?

And I don't think their suicide bombers are paid $60k/year and given the level of training as our troops, thus uts reasonable to assume they have different motivations.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you see any 16-year olds in the American military strapping on bombs and blowing themselves up?

And I don't think their suicide bombers are paid $60k/year and given the level of training as our troops, thus uts reasonable to assume they have different motivations.

[/ QUOTE ] Kid, i don't think i wish to argue with you becuse you are in the military. You are actually putting your life on the line for what you believe in, and that demands respect.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Kid, i don't think i wish to argue with you becuse you are in the military. You are actually putting your life on the line for what you believe in, and that demands respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm not. I'm in grad school as a military officer and respect those actually doing the job.

But being in the military, I can tell you that there is not a fanatacism or blood lust amongst the troops and officers I have been in contact with, not this war or any other conflict the last 11 years. So, for you to suggest that the US military's professionalism is comparable to that of suicide bombers is a bit of a stretch for me. And I'm not questioning their motives or their validity, but the average American simply does not fight with the same motivations drilled into young men who blow themselves up.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Subject: Re: War and relegion

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kid, i don't think i wish to argue with you becuse you are in the military. You are actually putting your life on the line for what you believe in, and that demands respect.

No, I'm not. I'm in grad school as a military officer and respect those actually doing the job.

But being in the military, I can tell you that there is not a fanatacism or blood lust amongst the troops and officers I have been in contact with, not this war or any other conflict the last 11 years. So, for you to suggest that the US military's professionalism is comparable to that of suicide bombers is a bit of a stretch for me. And I'm not questioning their motives or their validity, but the average American simply does not fight with the same motivations drilled into young men who blow themselves up.

[/ QUOTE ] The discussion is useless for me, since you are in the military. The thought of we are right and they are wrong is required by your profession. However civilians are afforded the luxory of being able to determine which parts of each culture are right, and where we are wrong.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im not. I was simply stating a fact. you should look that word up before using it so liberaly.

[/ QUOTE ] I used the word correctly.

[ QUOTE ]
stop posting here as you are not adding anything constructive nor using an open mind in this argument. also you are getting off topic.

[/ QUOTE ] Perhaps my positng here will one day lead me to be able to add something contructive to the discussion.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im not. I was simply stating a fact. you should look that word up before using it so liberaly.

[/ QUOTE ] I used the word correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]
i said liberaly.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I used the word correctly.

i said liberaly.

I'm always disappointed when a good dicussion resorts to name calling. In your oppinion when was the last time america did anything wrong?
Old 09-22-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

Quote:

I used the word correctly.

i said liberaly.

I'm always disappointed when a good dicussion resorts to name calling. In your oppinion when was the last time america did anything wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

you are doing the name calling. btw im not some super conservitive america lover.

but im also not a retarded hippy who only belives what he wants to belive.