Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 10:06 AM

Default John Frusciante

Anyone else listen to his solo work? He's absolutely amazing. One of the best musicians of our time.

He's the guitarist from the chili pepper, back with the band for the last two albums after a heroin recover. He's probably why they made the recovery they did.

On break between their last album and their next, he recorded and released six albums in six months, and it's some of the best music I've ever heard.

My favorite album is Inside a Break, literally every song is a hit, no filler. It's a sort of grungy/rock album, with the last song, scratches, having a floyd-ish feel.

He's got some songs on his website, check it out.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:12 AM

Default Re: John Frusciante

Yeah, he's pretty amazing. His stuff is definitely out there, and he's so head-scratchingly talented. Awesome musician.

I only have his first 3, but I'll definitely check out the rest.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:54 AM

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me. I was going to buy one of his albums awhile ago.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:16 AM

Hmm, i'm a huge chilis and frusciante fan, but the 6 he released in the short space of time were strictly to fund his heroin habbit and all the reviews i've read say they were rather poor. His last album was meant to be good though.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:20 AM

good call-listening to "Shadows Collide with People" samples and I really like it. I've always liked his voice- I had no idea he was so prolific.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, i'm a huge chilis and frusciante fan, but the 6 he released in the short space of time were strictly to fund his heroin habbit and all the reviews i've read say they were rather poor. His last album was meant to be good though.

[/ QUOTE ]
He's back on the drugs?
Old 10-12-2005, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got four of those albums and they range between "pretty good" and "best rock album I've ever heard".

I'm pretty sure he's kicked the heroin.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:45 AM

Very good call. "Shadows Collide with People" is one of my favorite albums of all-time. Yet most of my musically inclined friends have never heard his solo stuff. Some of the werid experimental crazy ambient stuff gets old after a while, but the tracks like "Every Person" make it way worth the price of admission (and/or downloading time [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
Old 10-12-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very good call. "Shadows Collide with People" is one of my favorite albums of all-time. Yet most of my musically inclined friends have never heard his solo stuff. Some of the werid experimental crazy ambient stuff gets old after a while, but the tracks like "Every Person" make it way worth the price of admission (and/or downloading time [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

I love Omission from that album. That song is amazing.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:36 PM

Yeah he came off the drugs before Californication, but was into them big time before then, when he realeased a lot of solo albums.

Also i think i might be confused, i know he released loads earlier in his career, did he do the same very recently? everything he's done since californication he's been clean, andn that's generally considered his best work. All the 90s stuff was considered poor because he made the albums to finance his habit.