Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em

Old 12-11-2005, 03:28 AM

Default SnGs for a living

It seems that most pros play money games, but do any of you (pro and non-pro) strictly play SnGs? If so, at what buy in and do you multitable SnGs?
Old 12-11-2005, 03:36 AM

Default Re: SnGs for a living

There is a whole forum just for SnGs here...

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/po...rd=singletable
Old 12-11-2005, 04:37 AM

Best SnG person I know is ZeeJustin by far.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems that most pros play money games, but do any of you (pro and non-pro) strictly play SnGs? If so, at what buy in and do you multitable SnGs?

[/ QUOTE ]
I can safely assume you mean cash games. I can't imagine it being profitable without multi-tabling.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:57 AM

I needed a change of pace a while back and played nothing but SNGs on-line for about a month. I multi-tabled 3 to 6 tables and I made some serious loot over that time. I played anywhere from 20+2 to 50+5 on party.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I needed a change of pace a while back and played nothing but SNGs on-line for about a month. I multi-tabled 3 to 6 tables and I made some serious loot over that time. I played anywhere from 20+2 to 50+5 on party.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you define as serious loot?

Barron
Old 12-11-2005, 04:21 PM

On average I've made about $1300 per full week in SNGs. I think that's not too bad considering the buy-ins are low. However, "serious loot" may be considered an overstatement.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:27 PM

How many did you play a week?
Old 12-11-2005, 08:00 PM

This question is asked a lot in the single table tournament forum. The answer is yes, a lot of people play SNGs for a living. Keep in mind that a living for some people won't pay the rent for others.

An ROI of 15% at the 22s would pay you an average of $3.30 per SNG. Four tabling on party, fairly easy work, you should average six SNGs per hour, so your hourly pay would be about $20. Your ROI will decrease as the stakes increase, and/or as your tables increase, but you should be able to find a point that meets your needs.

I started playing 22s after a brutal downswing at limit. I haven't played enough to have confidence I'm going to be a long-term winner, but I seem to have some talent for the game and I've already recouped my limit losses and still going strong.

They're also fun. You don't have to sit back and let the donks suck out on you--you can punish them severely.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Four tabling on party, fairly easy work, you should average six SNGs per hour, so your hourly pay would be about $20.

[/ QUOTE ]

there is absolutely no reason to four table on party. sngs do not require a lot of deep thought (especially not at the 22s).

a ton of people make a ton of money playing SNGs for a living (usually at significantly higher stakes than 22s). apparently, although i dont think anyone has ever conclusively determined this (would seem like the sample sizes necessary would be outrageous), it is one of, if not the lowest variance form of poker available. which is good for a lot of peoples psyches.