Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 04:46 PM

Default Need to change up game?

Ive recently started playin a lot of multi table tournaments over the last month. I've been a winning player in the SNG's over the last couple years ranging from $50/$200 buyins. Ive won a couple smaller tournaments.. $5k max winnings for 1st a year or so ago.
I tend to play really tight and make a move every now and then when I see fit, and have gotten down to the last 30 or so players in some big online tournaments. Ive had about avg stack size but keep bustin out and haven't seen any serious money. These bust outs are due to mainly coinflips.
I feel like im giving myself a legitimate chance to win these. Do you just have to wait for those coinflips to go your way? Or do I need to look into an alterante strategy. Im doing some more reading and so forth, but I don't want to switch my play if it's correct and will eventually book me a nice win.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Need to change up game?

[ QUOTE ]
These bust outs are due to mainly coinflips.
I feel like im giving myself a legitimate chance to win these. Do you just have to wait for those coinflips to go your way? Or do I need to look into an alterante strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

What coinflips? Usually 1 coinflip in the right circumstances will be enough. You gotta ride the wave of "have to / want to" pushes. Once you are over M, keep a close eye on who is pushing. SS have little or no choice, but you do.

One late tourny leak I struggled with was covering a SS when I really didn't have to or didn't have the hand to.