Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 08:48 PM

Default Questionable, but I think I like it

Sorry about the format, no converter for this site

UTG - 32/21/1.8 a 2p2er, pretty solid a little on the loose aggro side both post and pre flop, and keeps on royally sucking me out but that's a different story [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

MP - 55/35/1 Just your prototypical lagtard, who will bluff and semi bluff quite often.

Button - 64/32/1.6 Another lagtard that has been running pretty damn hot in this game. At point he was up atleast $11k and is now in the process of giving it back. But is pretty good at sensing weakness and gets aggressive with made hands and gets paid off because of his image and bluffs a lot.

20/40 6 max

Preflop Hero Has T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG raises, MP calls, Button calls, hero calls.
Flop ( 8 sb) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

hero bets, utg calls, mp calls, button calls

turn (6 bb) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
hero bets, utg calls, mp raises, button calls, hero calls, utg calls

river (14 bb) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero checks, utg checks, mp checks, button bets, hero raises.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:24 PM

Default Re: Questionable, but I think I like it

Preflop: I don't think you have enough to call with here. With one more caller and a hand like T7s I'd jump in, but with what you've got I don't think that even the best players can make a profit with this hand out of position.

Flop: With a flop this coordinated I think you need to be more cautious and check. Even if UTG raises (which I suspect is what you were hoping for), flush draws, straight draws, or 2 pair aren't going anywhere... and on a flop like that those hands are fairly likely. I think checking and calling (for a single bet) is the best play here.

Turn: I wouldn't bet out on the turn either. It seems very unlikely that you'll take down the pot now, but it also doesn't seem like there's much of chance that all 3 will play (even though that's what happened) and make it a profitable value bet. Turns out the pot got jambed up for you and everyone stayed in, but I don't think you'll usually get this lucky.

River: Okay, now this I like. The button could very well be bluffing, and your double bet will make it hard for anyone to call without an 8 or a straight. I hope you took it down.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:02 PM

Preflop i think it might be close, but 4 handed with 2 bad/terrible players I think I can make a lot up here if I am losing any by calling preflop, 3 handed I fold.

The flop: the pots large enough that even if the 2p2er knows what I'm doing they might still raise with a big ace. Second it gives me a good chance to see the turn, because a likely situation is UTG betting and then one of the lags raising and possibly pushing me off of the best hand.

The turn: This is one of the best cards that could of possibly come, I certainly seeing the river second nobody showed any strength going into the turn so if I was ahead it's quite likely I'm still ahead.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:21 PM

One bump, I though this was a pretty debatable hand on all streets.