Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-10-2005, 01:40 PM

Default My car got keyed how should I respond, if at all?

Here is the deal. Yesterday I was running late to work.
I drove and found a street parking spot close to the train station. I just parked it and started power walking when a guy at the house started ranting and raving.

"Learn how to park [censored], or pay for your parking"

There is a pay lot by the train station. He is right, but if you take the train you to NYC, you know all the spots are gone by 8 AM.

Also, I was in a rush so when I parked I did so in a manner that only I could park in that area (normally two cars could do so if i parked correctly). Normally I would move it, but like I said I was in a rush. So I just kept walking/jogging to the train.

When I got back my car was keyed up. Now it wasnt too bad and I'm in the process of getting a new car. But still my ego makes me want to get some level of revenge.

My question is how to respond? Do I let this slide? Or what do I do in response. Its not the scratch as much as the principal of the sitaution that irratates me. How do I play this?

Thanks in Advance...
Old 11-10-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Re: My car got keyed how should I respond, if at all?

[ QUOTE ]
I drove and found a street parking spot close to the train station. I just parked it and started power walking when a guy at the house started ranting and raving.

There is a pay lot by the train station. He is right, but if you take the train you to NYC, you know all the spots are gone by 8 AM.

Also, I was in a rush so when I parked I did so in a manner that only I could park in that area (normally two cars could do so if i parked correctly). Normally I would move it, but like I said I was in a rush. So I just kept walking/jogging to the train.

When I got back my car was keyed up. Now it wasnt too bad and I'm in the process of getting a new car. But still my ego makes me want to get some level of revenge.

My question is how to respond? Do I let this slide? Or what do I do in response. Its not the scratch as much as the principal of the sitaution that irratates me. How do I play this?

Thanks in Advance...

[/ QUOTE ]

paging Diablo
Old 11-10-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks in Advance...

[/ QUOTE ]

Go buy heroin from Eric Stoltz.

Take Uma Thurman for a burger at Jackrabbit Slim's.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, I was in a rush so when I parked I did so in a manner that only I could park in that area (normally two cars could do so if i parked correctly).

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate jerks like you.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:44 PM

Learn how to park, or pay for your parking.

You took up 2 spaces, you deserve it.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:45 PM

Taking up 2 spaces in NYC

You deserve a key job

[ QUOTE ]

You took up 2 spaces, you deserve it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keying somebody's care is not a proper response to this however.

That said, I'm not sure what you can do. You don't know who did it, so short of just blowing up your car in such a way as to revenge at the most people, it seems like your only possible response is to be annoyed, move on, and park less like an ass.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:46 PM

there have been a few times in my life where i contemplated revenge. i never have followed through though, and after a few days i feel like i made the right decision not following through. stop worrying about your ego. if he punchs you in the mouth then you wont be able to kiss your girl friend so who cares if you completely destroyed him, you won the war but lost the battle. plus these days with the courts and guns, just [censored] stay away. plus it was probably someone else who keyed your car. dont be an [censored] dude. its a piece of crap car anyhow.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:46 PM

You're a [censored].

I'd have slashed your tires as well.