Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2005, 07:57 PM

Default How\'d I play this?

Just sat down, no reads really. Should I have even been in this hand? I think that I had the odds to call.

I should've went for a check-raise on the flop.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (13 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (9 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (18 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB
Old 06-03-2005, 07:59 PM

Default Re: How\'d I play this?

Preflop, is not bad.

UTG raised preflop, so you would expect him to bet. Thus, you can check/raise the flop and trap the entire field for 2 SB. Just keep firing after that.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:59 PM

Fold preflop

Everything else is standard
Old 06-03-2005, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop, is not bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not?? You're what, about 16:1 against hitting 2pair/good draw, so you need to be sure this will be a 16bb pot at a bare minimum. I'd checkraise the turn, not the flop, I'd rather stick everyone for 1 BB than one sb.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:11 PM

Default You need to learn the superduper system

Starting Hands

Everyone knows you should not play every starting hand in Texas Hold’em. Therefore, pick one or two hands that you will not play. I suggest hands that could be tied at the river, such as KQ and QJ. You never want to tie an opponent, since he may then think he is as good as you are. All other hands should be played, since you have an advantage playing hands that others don’t. Any hands with a face card and any pairs should be raised first in, and sometimes raised late if you have a lot of chips, except for AA, KK, QQ and AK. Since these hands almost always win, you want to disguise the fact that you have the absolute nuts and let everyone else chase you to the river--and you will go to the river with these cards in all situations, checking and calling all the way. You should usually call a raise or reraise with any hand, since you are a SuperDuper player and will win more with raised pots. You should reraise a raise with any pair or any connected cards, such as 73, with which you can make a straight.

The Flop

You will usually have a piece of the flop more often than your opponents, since you play more cards. If you have any piece of it, you should bet or raise and try to get your opponents to pay you off. For example, if you have 72o, and the flop comes AK2, you should always bet or raise a bet to get the most chips in for when you make your trips or full house on the river, which you will do, since you are a SuperDuper player. Another example is when you have 64o and the flop comes QQ3. You have a strong draw to the nut straight and you should bet. If you don’t get anything on the flop, just call, because you will probably get something by the turn or river. If an opponent checks and then raises your bet, this is called a check-raise. Inferior players use this ‘strategy’ when they are trying to pretend they have a good hand. You should punish this egotistical ploy by raising.

The Turn

The turn is where you want to keep your opponents off guard. Always check or call when you get a great turn card, and always bet or raise if the turn didn’t hit, because obviously the river will and you’ll get more chips. If you think your hand will not win the pot by the river, because you’re having bad luck or don’t have an ace, now is the time to push in as many chips as possible and make your opponents fold. They know you always have the best hand, so this should be relatively easy.

The River

The river is where most SuperDuper players win a ton of chips, although opponents fold a lot along the way too. Because you play so many hands, your opponent never knows what you have, but he knows you usually have the nuts. Bet, call or check, whatever you feel like now. You usually can’t be beaten. But if there are three or more players still in at the river, try to get into a raising war with one of them, to show everyone else that they can’t bully you around.

The Showdown

When you show your hand, your opponents may type things into the chat box such as, “Buy a lottery ticket,” or “Nice river, rat.” These are a great compliment to your superior play and you should let them know you appreciate it by replying the SuperDuper System way: “PWNED”

Final Conserations

If you lost all of your chips, you either did not bring enough chips to play SuperDuper or you lost them to another SuperDuper player and should not be upset. If you double or more than double your chips, leave the table, then come back and watch how upset your opponents are at being up against a SuperDuper player!
Old 06-03-2005, 08:16 PM

Default Re: You need to learn the superduper system

[ QUOTE ]
Starting Hands

Everyone knows you should not play every starting hand in Texas Hold’em. Therefore, pick one or two hands that you will not play. I suggest hands that could be tied at the river, such as KQ and QJ. You never want to tie an opponent, since he may then think he is as good as you are. All other hands should be played, since you have an advantage playing hands that others don’t. Any hands with a face card and any pairs should be raised first in, and sometimes raised late if you have a lot of chips, except for AA, KK, QQ and AK. Since these hands almost always win, you want to disguise the fact that you have the absolute nuts and let everyone else chase you to the river--and you will go to the river with these cards in all situations, checking and calling all the way. You should usually call a raise or reraise with any hand, since you are a SuperDuper player and will win more with raised pots. You should reraise a raise with any pair or any connected cards, such as 73, with which you can make a straight.

The Flop

You will usually have a piece of the flop more often than your opponents, since you play more cards. If you have any piece of it, you should bet or raise and try to get your opponents to pay you off. For example, if you have 72o, and the flop comes AK2, you should always bet or raise a bet to get the most chips in for when you make your trips or full house on the river, which you will do, since you are a SuperDuper player. Another example is when you have 64o and the flop comes QQ3. You have a strong draw to the nut straight and you should bet. If you don’t get anything on the flop, just call, because you will probably get something by the turn or river. If an opponent checks and then raises your bet, this is called a check-raise. Inferior players use this ‘strategy’ when they are trying to pretend they have a good hand. You should punish this egotistical ploy by raising.

The Turn

The turn is where you want to keep your opponents off guard. Always check or call when you get a great turn card, and always bet or raise if the turn didn’t hit, because obviously the river will and you’ll get more chips. If you think your hand will not win the pot by the river, because you’re having bad luck or don’t have an ace, now is the time to push in as many chips as possible and make your opponents fold. They know you always have the best hand, so this should be relatively easy.

The River

The river is where most SuperDuper players win a ton of chips, although opponents fold a lot along the way too. Because you play so many hands, your opponent never knows what you have, but he knows you usually have the nuts. Bet, call or check, whatever you feel like now. You usually can’t be beaten. But if there are three or more players still in at the river, try to get into a raising war with one of them, to show everyone else that they can’t bully you around.

The Showdown

When you show your hand, your opponents may type things into the chat box such as, “Buy a lottery ticket,” or “Nice river, rat.” These are a great compliment to your superior play and you should let them know you appreciate it by replying the SuperDuper System way: “PWNED”

Final Conserations

If you lost all of your chips, you either did not bring enough chips to play SuperDuper or you lost them to another SuperDuper player and should not be upset. If you double or more than double your chips, leave the table, then come back and watch how upset your opponents are at being up against a SuperDuper player!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am trying to decide whether to type LOL or WTF
Old 06-03-2005, 08:30 PM

Default Re: You need to learn the superduper system

That is too funny. Great post &amp; hopefully very tongue in cheek. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

- Mark
Old 06-03-2005, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop

Everything else is standard

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:26 PM

Default FOLD PREFLOP

calling this raise is super-fishy.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:30 PM