Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-28-2005, 01:16 AM

Default Re: \"I wouldn\'t piss on you if you were on fire\"

[ QUOTE ]
I know lots of a-holes who have lots of friends. So f'in what?

[/ QUOTE ]

So true, so true.... because I have lots of friends [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

ED,

as a friend of TD, i can also say that he is a nice guy even with his "different" sense of humor. There is more to person then a single bar story. I would have never agreed to coach him to a 126th finish in the 2004 WSOP if I thought he was a douchebag.

-ManTooth
Old 12-28-2005, 01:17 AM

she's not worried about me walking out on my tab. she's just getting revenge/being spiteful.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:28 AM

you had a lot of opportunities to save the situation but you messed them all up by being angry and feeling bad for yourself.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:51 AM

TD - let's assume that this waitress IS being vengeful/spiteful. Are you really worked up about this? I honestly can't imagine anyone I know caring about this particular situation at all.

You still go to your favorite bar all the time, a majority of the staff loves you, and 1 random waitress asks you for a credit card occasionally instead of letting you settle up at the end of the night... and this petty act of "revenge" bothers you? Dude, she's a waitress at some bar. You placed 126th in the 2004 WSOP (I'm assuming Main Event). Have some perspective.

Do you want to bang this girl or something? Maybe that's what's going on.

-Al
Old 12-28-2005, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
About two weeks later I'm there to celebrate a friend's birthday and I buy him and some other friends a shot. Then later the birthday boy asks me to do a shot w/ him and at the end of the night when I ask Waitress B for my tab, I see that the second shots are on my tab also. I didn't even want to do those shots (it was a White Rabbit--Jim Beam and milk) so I also didn't want to pay for them. I tried explaining that they should be on his tab not mine and she said in a bitchy way that I'd have to work it out w/ him. So he and I agreed that he'd pay for them

[/ QUOTE ]

what really amazes me is that he actually went and told his "friend" to pay for those shots. how shameless do you have to be to do that on your friend's birthday?

i'd like to ask the op a question: if you wouldn't buy a friend a second shot on his birthday, would you at least take a big stinking deuce on him? least you could do for a pal.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:21 PM

I suggest a new strategy.

When you walk in the bar and take your seat place a $20 on the bar when you order. When that is gone repeat. At the end of the night leave $3 to $5 (or more) for each $20 you've spent, depending on service and feeling of generosity. If your bartender or waitress is leaving before you do, be sure they get their tip early.

I'm betting you'll get a lot more "Hey Norm"'s after a few weeks.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:36 PM

I dont know about the OP in general, but he is either a cheapskate or an idiot. I have never forgotten to pay a bar tab, nor have I ever been with anyone who has forgotten to do so. MAYBE if youre semi-blackout but definitely not under normal circumstances.

Let me also be the 157482th person to point out that bitching about a shot for your friend on his birthday is a real douchebag move.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
she's not worried about me walking out on my tab. she's just getting revenge/being spiteful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you please explain why you threw a hissy fit about paying for a few shots?

You seem like the type of guy that lives in a 5,000 square foot house, but gives his paper boy a lousy tip, and is always haggling with your friends over $$.

U suck.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:42 PM

I'm cheap sometimes, but not usually. This past Saturday I was at the Redskins/Giants game and bought beers for the couple next to me b/c they were cool Redskins fans. But it's okay if OOTers think I'm cheap. Not a big deal.

But yea, I agree that it was a dick move on my part to not just pay for the shots.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont know about the OP in general, but he is either a cheapskate or an idiot. I have never forgotten to pay a bar tab, nor have I ever been with anyone who has forgotten to do so. MAYBE if youre semi-blackout but definitely not under normal circumstances.

Let me also be the 157482th person to point out that bitching about a shot for your friend on his birthday is a real douchebag move.

[/ QUOTE ]

well now come on...this is something that i do, or USED to do with astonishing regularity. every monday the APA has a pool league in limpable distance from my house at my local bar (read: less than 2 blocks)

id regularly put my credit card down to start a tab although it wouldn't be necessary. 1 out of ever 2 times i go (this is over many many months, once per week) id leave my card at the bar and not pay my tab. of course id go back sometime later in the week (or the next monday) and pay the tab and drink more...finally, brian (bartender) said to me when i put my card down "give me your keys" so that i coulnd't get into my apt. w/o paying my tab.

that solved that lol.

point: people forget [censored] when drunk. as long as they're stand up enough to pay it and continue to be good customers its probably ok.

Barron