Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: From which movie is this scene taken ?
PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE : Scene deleted by Ed Wood because it was too tacky 9 33.33%
WHEN DINOSAURS RULED THE EARTH : The dinosaurs are in session. (In disguise.) 7 25.93%
THE TERMINATOR : A cyborg nightmare 2 7.41%
WAR OF THE WORLDS : The Martians' Supreme Council 9 33.33%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2005, 04:29 PM

Default Re: If you were me..............

[ QUOTE ]

I thought BK said something like 1.67, but he has run good at the right times (like when he's in the 300/600 game). He play OK, too. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This year:

1.87bb/100 through 191k hands.

Oh, and btw at 300/600 my winrate is now .67bb/100. At one point I was up 90k in that game. I'm now up 20k and basically never play it. I'll play if there are 2 bad players or one super fish (hasn't happened in 3 weeks) but other than that I'll leave it to the very good players to try and take eachothers and sansone's money.

for future refernce don't talk about other people's winrates unless you have permission. I happen to be one of the people who is open about just about anything and don't give a [censored] if you talk about it...but most people are way gaurded about stuff like that.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I thought BK said something like 1.67, but he has run good at the right times (like when he's in the 300/600 game). He play OK, too. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This year:

1.87bb/100 through 191k hands.

Oh, and btw at 300/600 my winrate is now .67bb/100. At one point I was up 90k in that game. I'm now up 20k and basically never play it. I'll play if there are 2 bad players or one super fish (hasn't happened in 3 weeks) but other than that I'll leave it to the very good players to try and take eachothers and sansone's money.

for future refernce don't talk about other people's winrates unless you have permission. I happen to be one of the people who is open about just about anything and don't give a [censored] if you talk about it...but most people are way gaurded about stuff like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. I had no idea. Meant no harm. My fault.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:05 PM

I heard that wackojacko is making 3.7BB/100 in the party 30/60 game.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:15 PM

Bob... play and it's not even close.

I have faith in you, you have a realistic plan, and you will make it. I had set my goal to making $35,000 playing poker this year when I decided to go pro in January... I'm beating the crap out of that already and I had a very conservative plan.

If you ever need any support, let me know and I'm here for you.
Old 07-22-2005, 06:52 PM

Bob,
I've talked a little with you about the subject. I think you should go pro because I get the sense that is really what you want to do. If it doesn't work out, go back, oh well. I think you are hesitant because for some reason in the back of your head you think that this can't be a real job, and that there is something wrong with it. There's nothing wrong with that, I do the same thing. I dunno, I just think this is what you want to do and you are just looking for some approval to push you out there. Well, you got it from me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Results

Well most people (59%) say teach, but 2/3 say play or teach but it's close. My leave has been approved, so I'm doing it. I'll be sure to keep you posted, so that all of you who told me to teach can laugh and point when I go bust.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Re: Results

Good luck Bob. I'm in your corner.

Hehe I'm entitled to two years unpaid leave from my job as a university professor and occasionally think about taking a year to play poker, but my salary is pretty big and my daughter is pretty and young so I don't think it's a good plan for me.

All the best, man.

Guy.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good luck Bob. I'm in your corner.

Hehe I'm entitled to two years unpaid leave from my job as a university professor and occasionally think about taking a year to play poker, but my salary is pretty big and my daughter is pretty and young so I don't think it's a good plan for me.

All the best, man.

Guy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the kind words. If I had dependents, there is no way I'd do it.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my daughter is pretty and young

[/ QUOTE ]
19ish young?
Old 07-28-2005, 04:03 PM

I was originally in the "teach" category. Exchanges with you convinced me that you would be successful in your year-long experiment.

Good luck and my the schwartz be with you.