Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 03:47 AM

Default Re: What could Dannenman have put Hachem on in the last hand?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think ESPN did a really bad job of showing just how long this took and the toll that it would have put on the players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

They obviously wanted it to seem like a 'seemless' type broadcast...so they didn't want to show the fact that this final-table took forever.
but it did...and I think that showing that fact would have really added to the drama.

As it stands now...there are very few people around to say "wow....that thing went till 7am!!" which is exactly what everyone WOULD be saying if they had a little clock in the upper-corner to really drive this point home.

Someone mentioned early in this thread that this hand was early into heads-up play.
I don't think that is correct. Weren't these guys battling heads-up forever?
I don't know for sure but I thought that's how it went down.

They showed 2 or 3 heads-up hands didn't they?
Really thought they played longer than that.

If they did then that is a big consideration for the final-hand.
We have no idea how many times these guys battled back and forth in similar-action type pots where Hachem showed some kind of bluff or vice-versa.

It's not just about this hand...there might have been serious meta-game considerations that went into Danneman's call.

He's pretty ready to get the damn thing over with because he's about to collapse....PLUS maybe he's remember some hand from 30 or 60 minutes earlier where Hachem showed him 99 on an A-high board and bluffed Danneman out with his KK or A2 or something.
Without knowing how long they had been playing against each other heads-up and some of the other hands they showed each other and played there's virtually no way we can accurately analyze the final hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

They only played about 4-5 hands HU IIRC.