Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Let\'s Discuss the CR Bluff!

I think it's so rare that one will work playing low limit party games that I never go for it. People just say F it and call anyway.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:39 PM

Agreed.

You need some good reconnaissance on the player to even consider it, and even then it can only work as a bluff ~once per session (unless you are setting up future value raises). My winning sessions at 2/4 lack the CR bluff.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:22 PM

One important thing to consider is the ammount of investment it takes to set up the bluff checkraise on the turn. You have to call several bets on previous streets, then execute it and hope it works. Plus you have to have a hell of a read to make sure it will work.

Basically, it should pretty much never be the goal of a line you are setting up. If the situation happens to present itself against an opponent (preferably one) that you think it will work against (i.e. the stars are in allignment) then it might be worth it.

I think if you never bluff CR'd at lower limits it would not be much of an error at all.