Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2005, 05:16 PM

Default KTs UTG hand

8-handed with an MP2 poster and 10/15 blinds. Generally tight game I'm about to leave. Preflop is not cut and dry. Is the river standard?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, planning to raise.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Re: KTs UTG hand

MP2 is passive on every street; looks like he's trying to get to a cheap showdown to me. I think you missed a bet on the river.
Old 09-24-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Re: KTs UTG hand

I don't like pf, but i don't play 15/30 tight games so you know more than me.

River: Villian often is on a draw, but he's not going to call your value bet, but he might bluff when you check, so you make money here.

When villian has a hand like KQ, or pocket pair villian is calling down, but would bet a lot when checked too and always call when you bet. however, you should pick up a little bit from the c/r when calls. Overall, I think you earn a little less from the extra bet than you do from the value bet, but inducing the bluff earns you enough value that it makes this play worth while.