Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 07:02 PM

Default nfl futures wins o/u

I like Bears under 6.5 wins and Pats over 10.5.

Thoughts?

naj
Old 08-29-2005, 07:04 PM

Default Re: nfl futures wins o/u

Avoid the Bears under -- very easy schedule, one of the best defenses in the league when healthy.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:13 PM

I personally am planning on fading the patriots as much as possible this year..

Losing both Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weis will be very detrimental to their organization, not to mention Andruzzi who was a rock on the line, Ty Law who is still one of the leagues best blanket corners and Brushchi, who was an emotional leader on D.

Also, the patriots have a pretty tough schedule relative to the rest of the league, ive seen that report in a few places.. Id stay away from this bet, too close to call. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2005, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I personally am planning on fading the patriots as much as possible this year..

Losing both Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weis will be very detrimental to their organization, not to mention Andruzzi who was a rock on the line, Ty Law who is still one of the leagues best blanket corners and Brushchi, who was an emotional leader on D.

Also, the patriots have a pretty tough schedule relative to the rest of the league, ive seen that report in a few places.. Id stay away from this bet, too close to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brushchi will be missed, as will Ted Johnson. Andruzzi is a solid player but easily replaceable. Ty Law essentially did not play after week 5 last year and the secondary did pretty well without him. They'll be OK there.

Crennel's replacement calling defenses is Eric Mangini, who's been in the system for awhile.Should be OK there, especially with D being Bellichek's claim to fame.

The question mark for me is replacing Weis. IMO no one in the league called a better game. You couldn't defense him by studying tendencies because he had none. Overcoming that loss could be a giant hurdle.

As far as fading them as much as possible...well, they've never been the type of team to blow teams out and as two time defending champs they will probably be saddled with some extra weight most games. I'll look at that on a week to week basis. And I do think they'll slip some this year but not to 10-6. I think over 10.5 wins for the year is the best bet on the futures board.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Avoid the Bears under -- very easy schedule, one of the best defenses in the league when healthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Bears D is OK but you have to score to win. That's been a problem the last few years.

The schedule doesn't appear to be that easy either. Yes, they play Cleveland, SF, Washington, New Orleans and Tampa but four of those games are on the road and they also play Baltimore, Carolina, Pittsburgh and Atlanta. I lean toward under 6.5 here.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:53 PM

The bears defense is ok? that made me laugh. Maybe you forgot they have a healthy ugunleye, tillman, urlacher, brown, harris, and briggs. I consider them one of the top 4 defenses in the NFL
Old 08-30-2005, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The bears defense is ok? that made me laugh. Maybe you forgot they have a healthy ugunleye, tillman, urlacher, brown, harris, and briggs. I consider them one of the top 4 defenses in the NFL

[/ QUOTE ]

buffalo, baltimore, carolina, and chicago?? i dont think so.. more then a couple teams id take over the bears defense. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 08-30-2005, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
they have a healthy ugunleye, tillman, urlacher, brown, harris, and briggs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Old 08-30-2005, 01:31 AM

The Bears are going to be much much much better with Orton at QB.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:13 AM

The NFC North is just a tad weak as well. But hey if you think Minny, Detroit and the Pack are great teams then by all means play the under 6.5 big.

The Bears won 5 games with no virtually defensive stars last year, injuries abounded. If you give up 14-17 points per game, you need to score about 14-17 to go 8-8. The scored an average of 14.5 points last year and should up that to 17 this season, which is not a lot but enough for this team to win 7 games. Outside of teams like the Colts and Chiefs, winning in the NFL is about defense. Chicago has it this year, enough anyway to win 7 games against a weak schedule.