Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 06:32 AM

Default Pre-flop agression and table selection

This has been a question that's been in the back of my head for a while but really smacked me in the face when I moved up to 2/4 at party.

How tight is too tight preflop before you can't even break even playing perfect postflop? The blinds are there to force people to play, otherwise everyone would just fold until they get pocket aces right?

So when there are a few LAGs at the table along with a few TAGs raising every preflop, i'm basically never getting to play most 'playable' hands i'm dealt. Cold calling is certainly not the answer right? I begin to panic and feel like their preflop agression is forcing me into a loose-loose situation. I feel like the blinds will eat me as i'm not being allowed to play my share of hands I've paid the blinds for.

So do I...

1. Relish the fact that I'm at this table where LAGs are throwing chunks of money into the pot with weak cards and wait for AKo or better to play.

2. Leave the table and try to find a more passive preflop table.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:10 AM

Default Re: Pre-flop agression and table selection

Take a seat to the left of the LAG and 3 bet anything you would raise yourself. Your raising range is a far stronger selection than them so try to isolate them and take it from there. It is still frustrating if their 95 suited hits the flop and your AJ is left high and dry but once you factor in the extra bets you can make when you do flop good it becomes a +EV move. If you could guarantee to be able to sit to the left of a LAG for the next 10K hands and the rest of the table let you get away with isolating him you would make a fortune given an even distribution of cards.