Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 07:24 PM

Default Cheaters never win...

...and I play stupid. I'm new to the game in seat 5 in a nine-handed game and after 10 minutes or so, I noticed that not only is seat 4 (he looks like a Fred) a very loose passive player, I can see the first of his hole cards every hand. Although I'm not straining to have a glimpse, I don't have to give much effort to see one of the cards he plays. Another observation is that if Fred flops top pair, he will not bet with a weak kicker.

I'm dealt 10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in mp with two limpers, Fred is one of them. Fred has an 8. I raise. Button cold-calls. BB and other two call. Five to the flop. Did I mention that I know Fred has an 8? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

FLOP: 8 4 2 rainbow

Oh goody, Fred will call me down. Checked to me I bet. Button folds, BB and Fred calls. Three to the turn.

TURN: 2x

BB checks, Fred bets. What the...? I scream to myself, "You DO NOT have 8-2!" I'm thinking now he flopped 8-4 suited and thinks it'll get checked around. I raise my better two pair. BB folds. Fred 3-bets. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I call. Headsup.

RIVER: not a 10

Fred bets, I call. Fred's other card is also an 8.

I move to seat 1 so I can't see his cards anymore.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Cheaters never win...

He won't bet a back kicker but is betting into you on this board and 3 betting...I think you can fold on the turn unless fred will make this play with A8.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He won't bet a back kicker but is betting into you on this board and 3 betting...I think you can fold on the turn unless fred will make this play with A8.

[/ QUOTE ]
...and I play stupid. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2005, 09:48 PM

Ahhh..now I see..

But you don't post stupid!
Old 06-29-2005, 02:36 PM

One night, playing 3/6 I'm sitting next to this old lady who's been there for at least 36 hours. She's falling asleep when she's not in the hand (and sometimes when she is). At one point, she asked me "What day is it?". I thought she was joking, but I was wrong.

She flashes her cards when she checks them pre-flop pretty badly, but she's asleep so often that I don't think she notices she's doing it, remembers that I told her once she was doing it, or cares.

I have JT[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] late, she has a middle pair (no clubs). Typical 3/6 table, there's like 6-7 to the flop. The turn puts up a 2nd club, but also gives her a set. She bets, I raise, she 3-bets and I realize I'd forgotten that she hit her set. Oops.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...and I play stupid. I'm new to the game in seat 5 in a nine-handed game and after 10 minutes or so, I noticed that not only is seat 4 (he looks like a Fred) a very loose passive player, I can see the first of his hole cards every hand. Although I'm not straining to have a glimpse, I don't have to give much effort to see one of the cards he plays. Another observation is that if Fred flops top pair, he will not bet with a weak kicker.

I'm dealt 10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in mp with two limpers, Fred is one of them. Fred has an 8. I raise. Button cold-calls. BB and other two call. Five to the flop. Did I mention that I know Fred has an 8? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

FLOP: 8 4 2 rainbow

Oh goody, Fred will call me down. Checked to me I bet. Button folds, BB and Fred calls. Three to the turn.

TURN: 2x

BB checks, Fred bets. What the...? I scream to myself, "You DO NOT have 8-2!" I'm thinking now he flopped 8-4 suited and thinks it'll get checked around. I raise my better two pair. BB folds. Fred 3-bets. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I call. Headsup.

RIVER: not a 10

Fred bets, I call. Fred's other card is also an 8.

I move to seat 1 so I can't see his cards anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly, this isn't a case for this old cliche. Its more likke stupid people never win. The second he raises i no hes got 2 8's and dont need to see it. He knew he was a tight player, or at least not a fish so hes calling you with A8? K8? 82? 84? NO 88 only!!!! he flops it you fold. I continue to see his cards becuase he cant protect them correctly.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:02 PM

Yes, poker lord. You are the best.
Old 06-29-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...stupid people...i <font color="red">no</font> hes got 2 8's

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you call someone ELSE stupid?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

-ZEN
Old 06-29-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, poker lord. You are the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh
Old 06-29-2005, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...stupid people...i <font color="red">no</font> hes got 2 8's

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you call someone ELSE stupid?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

-ZEN

[/ QUOTE ]

He says the players tight, and at least some what intelligent. WHAT OTHER HAND COULD HE HAVE? Clearly by the river he was pretty confident he was beat as he was calling not raiseing. Maybe I shouldnt have put it so bluntly, but wtf do you put him on. 2 8's thats it!