Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Downswings

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't anyone on this forum lose due to bad play??

It seems that everyone here assumes they are a good player when they're winning, yet any sort of downswing is attributed variance and not poor play. Seems kinda suspect to me...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm trying to figure out. Am I playing poorly or is this just a bad run? Maybe it is a bad run amplified by poor play.

Those are the things I'm hoping to figure out with the help of the constructive posters on this forum. Especially the guy who said, 'Awwwww' because that helped me learn.

[/ QUOTE ]

HOW THE HELL ARE PEOPLE SUPPOSED TO KNOW IF YOUR PLAYING WELL OR NOT. You gave a nothing sample size with no information about any of the hands you lost on. Could it be bad play yes, could it be variance, yes, could it be a combo, yes. But give more information before you get made at people for saying "awwww" when your question could be answered by looking at the FAQ
Old 11-04-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It seems that everyone here assumes they are a good player when they're winning, yet any sort of downswing is attributed variance and not poor play. Seems kinda suspect to me...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm trying to figure out. Am I playing poorly or is this just a bad run? Maybe it is a bad run amplified by poor play.

Those are the things I'm hoping to figure out with the help of the constructive posters on this forum. Especially the guy who said, 'Awwwww' because that helped me learn.

[/ QUOTE ]

HOW THE HELL ARE PEOPLE SUPPOSED TO KNOW IF YOUR PLAYING WELL OR NOT. You gave a nothing sample size with no information about any of the hands you lost on. Could it be bad play yes, could it be variance, yes, could it be a combo, yes. But give more information before you get made at people for saying "awwww" when your question could be answered by looking at the FAQ

[/ QUOTE ]

tyvm.
Ill count all the " I had 19289239239 roi at first and now im losing" threads this month.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:53 PM

everyone who has played a lot of SNGs knows that 127 is the magic number for length of a downswing--- which doesn't mean # of buyins dropped.

i, unfortunately, happened to have 4 downswings right in a row last month.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:43 PM

threads like this should be immediately locked. read the faq. search for other threads on downswings. mods, dont let this forum get cluttered with crap. holla
Old 11-04-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think you're overreacting to my post. It seems like posts like these are fresh meat to ravaged lions. Too many of you guys just LOVE to jump on these and trash talk.

I KNOW the sample is small. I've already pointed that out.

If you bothered to read anything I've posted instead of just jumping at every chance to trash talk people you'd see that I'm only looking for general ideas as to what kind of downswings are possible or what kinds of downswings you guys have had.

I'm not looking for people to give me the secret poker playbook. I'm trying to piece it together for myself and asking a simple question like this, in conjunction with a straightforward and constructive respose, would help me a great deal.

Since you're obviously neither interested in nor capable providing a post like that, feel free to stop reading.

Thanks.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tyvm.
Ill count all the " I had 19289239239 roi at first and now im losing" threads this month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, seriously, if that's what you think this is, I'm surprised you've lived as long as you have. You're an idiot.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My downswing at the $33s got extremely close to 40 buy-ins. I'm afraid it's the nature of the beast, but as Irie pointed out, it can cause winning players to quit. It really is demoralising.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, tiger. This is EXACTLY the kind of post I needed. I appreciate it and I look forward to playing solid poker and hopefully breaking out soon.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My downswing at the $33s got extremely close to 40 buy-ins. I'm afraid it's the nature of the beast, but as Irie pointed out, it can cause winning players to quit. It really is demoralising.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, tiger. This is EXACTLY the kind of post I needed. I appreciate it and I look forward to playing solid poker and hopefully breaking out soon.

[/ QUOTE ]good luck? variance happens to all of us; shake it off, don't shake your head.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think you're overreacting to my post. It seems like posts like these are fresh meat to ravaged lions. Too many of you guys just LOVE to jump on these and trash talk.

I KNOW the sample is small. I've already pointed that out.

If you bothered to read anything I've posted instead of just jumping at every chance to trash talk people you'd see that I'm only looking for general ideas as to what kind of downswings are possible or what kinds of downswings you guys have had.

I'm not looking for people to give me the secret poker playbook. I'm trying to piece it together for myself and asking a simple question like this, in conjunction with a straightforward and constructive respose, would help me a great deal.

Since you're obviously neither interested in nor capable providing a post like that, feel free to stop reading.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Since you obviously didn't read my post the first time...

I'm currenty on a 27 buyin downswing including a number of 6-12 OOTM streaks. This is not at all out of the ordinary. In fact people would bitch me out for complaining about my streak. The point nobody can really tell you how long a bad steak lasts. If it means anything I'm pretty sure there are people that are consistant winners that have had 500 sng steaks where they lose money. Honastly what your talking about here is notthing.

Also the fact that you responded by say "thanks I'm going to play good poker and win now" shows you really don't care about improving you game or finding out if your actually playing bad. Post some hands, go over HH's but don't come on here asking people to tell you your [censored] don't stink and then get made at you when they don't have the time or the care to smell it

Edit: All that being said I am angry becuase I've lost a lot of money latley and I might be a bit to harsh. Just for future referance don't make these posts please.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:13 PM

I also would like to point out this is a free forum so plz stop whining becuase I didnt post my biggest downswing.