Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2005, 12:18 AM

Default 67 from the blind

Hadn't noticed anything out of MP1. Button is your prototypical fish, which means I had my doubts about him raising 3rd street with a made hand.
Perhaps bet/fold would've been a better line for the river, but I'm more interested in hearing thoughts on the turn.
FWIW, I'm having a monster session despite committing the minor Ed Miller leak of folding a straight flush earlier...stupid multitabling

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB
Old 05-07-2005, 12:24 AM

Default Re: 67 from the blind

Fold preflop. 76o is total garbage.

It makes the rest of this a lot easier.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:44 AM

Getting 13:1 I don't think it's too bad.

Check the flop though.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:47 AM

I don't think the preflop call sucks.

I try to c/r the flop to protect my good but vulnerable hand.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:11 AM

IMO you had enough limpers PF to call for half a bet, especially if you were relatively sure that BB wouldn't raise. What was your plan if BB raised? What if BB 3-bet and somebody else capped?

This flop is ripe for a C/R. This is a draw-happy flop, even if the cards are low, and the only likely aggressor you've identified is immediately on your right. Check, hoping that it gets checked to the LAG Button, he bets out, you raise, face the field with 2, and isolate him.

The turn and the river should change considerably at that point. But, the way you played it, I'm just calling down the turn. At this point you aren't getting anybody to fold, and you want to showdown as cheaply as possible (even if you're best hand now, there are a lot of cards still in the deck that beat you).

Why would you bet/fold on the river? You just made your second pair. If you were going to fold when an offsuit 6 came up, you've been drawing to a small fistfull of really dirty outs since the flop, and you should have folded preflop. Big pot, reasonable hand, don't fold for one bet on the river closing the action. I think check/call is the right thing to do, here.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:13 AM

PF call is fine.

Check the flop, see what everyone else does. If a war starts, 7 pair isnt the hand you want to join in with.

If someone in a late position bets, raise to clear the field. If an EP players bets, consider calling to improve.

Check-raise on the turn is overboard, with how you played it I check/call.

River is good.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop. 76o is total garbage.

It makes the rest of this a lot easier.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-07-2005, 01:43 AM

Lately all of my flop C/R attempts have been foiled by passive opponents. I think it would've been a good play here. But given the turn card, how the heck is a turn C/R overboard if you like it on the flop?
Old 05-07-2005, 01:44 AM

Folding this at 13:1 is lame. 13:1!!!

You check fold all flops unless you hit top pair, two pair, trips, a gutshot or an OESD.

If you don't think you can make this a profitable situation with your postflop play, then that makes me sad.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But given the turn card, how the heck is a turn C/R overboard if you like it on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you got raised on the flop after leading into 6 players w/ TP6K, haven't improved, and are facing yet another bet from a player who could have taken a free card against multiple opponents.