Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Route 66

Party Super Weekday NL $10 qualifier, level 4 ($25/$50 blinds) I think I've playe 2 hands so far, outside the blinds, both of which were pre-flop raises w/ AK and folded when the flop missed me.

I have about 850-900 in BB and 66. Folded around to CO who raises to 150. I have him out-chipped by several hundred. I put him on a semi-steal, and pushed.

What do you think?

Regards

Gar
Old 02-17-2005, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Route 66

i like it. obviously, i like it more if you have any read on the PFR'er, but i'm assuming you would have mentioned it if you did.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Super Weekday NL $10 qualifier, level 4 ($25/$50 blinds) I think I've playe 2 hands so far, outside the blinds, both of which were pre-flop raises w/ AK and folded when the flop missed me.

[/ QUOTE ]

See eMarkM's insightful posts. Doesn't hurt to fire a second bullet.

[ QUOTE ]
I have about 850-900 in BB and 66. Folded around to CO who raises to 150. I have him out-chipped by several hundred. I put him on a semi-steal, and pushed.
What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like it. I doubt he is stealing at these blind levels unless you have a great read on him. You still have a decent size stack to wait for a better spot. At best you are a little over 50-50.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt he is stealing at these blind levels unless you have a great read on him

[/ QUOTE ]

i would raise an awful lot of hands in the CO that could not stand a reraise.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:55 PM

The problem is, you are risking 900 to win 200. I think 66 is too good to fold here, and too good to simply play for set value, so I'm most likely calling and looking to get it all in on a favorable flop.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:09 PM

I think he could have alot of hands here that he would lay down.

A8-AJS, KQ-K10s or os, QJ-Q9s or os, J10-J8s, 22-99 (Large Range)

I would have to have a read that this guy would fold alot of the above hands to my push, before I would push here. If he was a calling station, I am not looking to go to war with this hand.

the only thing I really don't like about it is you are risking alot of chips to win a small pot. Obviously when you are called you still have a good chance if he has two overs, but its still pretty risky.

Although this will help you in the later rounds when villian is in s steal position in your BB, he will think twice about trying to steal with crap.

So overall it is a risky move that could have good advertisement value , plus it has some abiltiy to hold up if called.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:20 PM

You have the CO 'outchipped by several hundred' and around 850-900 chips, meaning he has maybe 600 left. He raises to 150, a quarter of his stack.

Now that everyone's actually read the whole post, which of his hands do you think he will fold to a reraise?
Old 02-17-2005, 04:26 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img], I missed that he was a SS, I think he is calling with almost all hands he raises with there. Unless its something like 74os.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:32 PM

I think it's a bit early in a tournament to get cute like this. It requires an opponent who doesn't take a push as a personal affront to their manhood, and at this point there are still too many yahoos in the tournament. ("Come over the top of my button min-raise, will you? Well I've got Q7, so I call! Oh. AK. Very nice. Good night.") Without folding equity, this is a much weaker hand than it looks.

I might call and push a favorable flop. Would folding be a crime?
Old 02-17-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's a bit early in a tournament to get cute like this. It requires an opponent who doesn't take a push as a personal affront to their manhood, and at this point there are still too many yahoos in the tournament. ("Come over the top of my button min-raise, will you? Well I've got Q7, so I call! Oh. AK. Very nice. Good night.") Without folding equity, this is a much weaker hand than it looks.

I might call and push a favorable flop. Would folding be a crime?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it wouldn't. I like either of those two options. I still don't like the push preflop as I stated before.