Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Another Fishy move by Gar, the Pike

Party Step 1 2-Table, 6 left, top 4 get a freeroll to Step 2. Blinds 100/200, I have 1900 ish, Villain has 4500-ish short stacks (2) have 1200-ish

Me UTG w/ AdQd

What's My Line?

I'l tell you what I did, why, and what I think my mistakes were. You point your fingers and laugh, then tell me how you would do it differently. OK?

I rasised to 600, Big stack went all in.

(I saw him do this early in the tournament with TT and bust a smaller PP, He also did this to me twice before, once when I was stealing with junk and once when I was semi-stealing. I folded those hands without regret)

Now, I think, I am stuck. If I fold, the blinds are coming next 2 hands, I'll be the short stack unless a miracle occurs. If I call, I'm the short end of a coinflip for all my chips. Mepps.

Well, I called, he showed JJ, final board was 77JKT. Mepps, again.

My first mistake was raising so much of my stack, I should have gone all in or folded. My second mistake was calling all my chips with the short end of the odds, and against the big stack.

I think the right thing to do here was fold PF; even though the blinds are coming, I'm way ahead of the short stacks, and I think the blinds would have increased before their turn, and the flat payout means I only have to run faster than they do. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

But, dam, AQ suited looks so nice... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Regards,

Gar
Old 01-06-2005, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Another Fishy move by Gar, the Pike

Being a sat. You dont have to have T3800 chips to advance. Seeing how the BB was going to Defend against any raise, A fold is more than likley in order. If the two short stacks some how double up, and you are the Shorty, start the push fest.