Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2004, 11:39 PM

Default Well, *I\'m* psyched...

Went through the PP Step tourney, placing 1st, 2nd, 1st, 3rd and 4th.
Total investment: $11

Winnings: $2400

Woo Hoo!!!

Thank you all, a year ago I never would have made it that far.

The hand I went out on was KQ suited, blinds 400/800, I had about 3800 UTG and pushed. BB chip leader called w/ AT and no help, out I went. We were all pretty much even (except for the chip leader, he had about twice my stack), I was 3rd stack.

I think I did OK, I'm very happy to cash for that much. Next time...

Regards

Gar Pike

PS, I'm going to be in LV next week, how do I touch base with any of you who play there regularly? I'll probably be wearing a pin on my hat that says "Drink your beer, there's sober children in India"
Old 12-12-2004, 11:56 PM

Default Re: Well, *I\'m* psyched...

can somebody explain how these work?

BTW nice work keep it up!
Old 12-13-2004, 03:11 AM

It's a series of 2-table NLHE tourneys, if you finish in the top 4 in the 1st step, you get a freeroll for the 2nd, top 6 in the 2nd gets you a freeroll to the 3rd, top 8 in that get a roll to the 4th, top 8 in that get an entry to the 5th step. Some consolation prizes for lower finishes; free re-dos for the same or a lower step, a little bit o' cash... 5th step pays four places, 9000, 5000, 3600 and 2400. the buyins go up at each step, you can buy in direct or win a seat from a lower step. 5th-step buyin is $1000, 1st is $11

It plays a lot more like an SnG than a MTT, you get more short-handed play, a lot more, aamof.

5th step was crazy, serious pressure the whole way, probably about 70% of the hands didn't make it past the turn unless somebody was all in.

Here's a hand that almost killed me, in the 5th step, QQ UTG and I raised to 90 (blinds 15/30). One of the players raises to 325, he's very aggressive, and figure he could be doing that with many hands I have beat. I have him out chipped by 115 and shove, he calls w/ AJ offsuit. Ace on the river gives him the hand, but I'm still in it, and came back to take 4th.

Regards,

Gar
Old 12-13-2004, 05:32 AM

Did you notice any difference in the play of the $11 game?

Maybe I'll just buy-in directly to $50.

Anyway, congratulations.