Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2004, 02:44 PM

Default Tourney post

Aussie Millions Qualifier on PP 42 players, only first place gets paid.

I guess I'm used to $10 SNG's. It took an hour to get rid of the 1st player out. L1 & L2, there'd be 3, maybe 4 to see the flop, and a min raise would take the pot. Naturally, I was getting 7 5 suited, Q 3 off, I did manage to see the flop from the BB with JT and flop a T. Bet 30 into an 80-chip pot and they folded like flies. About 45 minutes (seemed like an hour and a half) of this, I have about 1150 in chips, I get a KK on the button (L3, blinds 15/30) I raise to 75, get one caller, flop is something like J-high rags, I bet 100, out he goes) next hand, AQs, I raise to 75, all fold. Next hand KJ offsuit UTG, I fold. Next hand, AK offsuit in BB, MP limps, LP limps, SB folds, I raise to 150. EP calls, all fold. Flop is all low, I bet 75, EP goes all in. For some reason I though he might have been stealing with something like AQ, AJs, so I called, he flips over QQ and I'm down to 220. Mepps

I work my way back to 500 or so, get AA, raise to 125 and the guy to my immediate left goes all in. I wish him luck, call and now I have 1050 or so. An orbit or so later, I have JJ UTG, raise to 125, Same guy goes all in for 325. LP calls. Sh-t. I might have called him, but what's she calling with? I hadn't seen anything out of line from her, yet. I'm pretty sure she thought he had a good PP, his only other big PF bet was the JJ from a few hands ago.I fold. He shows 9's, she shows T's, neither of them improve. #%$!!.

Level 4, I get T9s on the button. EP limps, MP min raises, a caller, I call, blinds fold, flop is TT2. MP goes all in. She shows AA, Turn is an A and bye-bye Gar, out in 23rd.

I thought I was doing OK, until I folded those jacks. I'm thinking now I should have pushed, but I've done that before and been showed 2 better hands. Maybe I should be wearing a pink shirt and matching socks...

Anyway, it was sure different than what I'm used to seeing from Party folk. A lot of it had to do with, I think, this was a $300 buy-in satellite, and a lot of us had won a seat in a $10 MTT and were in over our heads.

Well, thanks for listening.

Regards,

Gar
Old 10-14-2004, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Tourney post

Why didn't you take advantage of the extremely tight play early to steal some pots with nothing? If everyone's folding to a flop bet, limp in with anything and...bet the flop. If you get caught, get out of the hand and go back to it.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Tourney post

I agree, you need to take advantage and steal some blinds, which (if used effectively) will get allow you to build your stack as well as set-up your image well enough to have some people play back at you when actually do have a real hand (ie. KK).

With the Jacks, I think that you should reraise, although this is sort of read dependent. The fact is that because the person didn't reraise, you probably should have pushed.

Good job otherwise, got unlucky on that bustout hand. These winner take all things dictate that you really have to be in business of accumulating chips in order to even have a shot at the win.

Cheers,

Pat