Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2005, 03:06 PM

Default Know Thyself

I posted this on another forum. I think that this is the most appropriate place for it.

I have been playing online poker since last July. I have played at all of the major sites and a few minor ones.

I have read the forums with interest especially the posts regarding moving up in limits and in pot limits. I have played in the 100NL games on most of the sites.

My most profitable level is the 25NL games on every site except Prima where I have done best in the .25/.50 games. I can successfully multi table 2 games, not 3 or 4 or 7.

I played a lot this past week and have won more than 700 playing these levels 2 tables at a time.

My PokerTracker stats confirm this figure. My auto rating is not great because I play between 25 and 30% V$IP. However, the looser preflop betting gives me an advantage over the field because I know how to play post flop.

I tried playing the 100NL on Pokerstars in an attempt to clear the recent bonus faster. $150 in losses later I had to go back to the 25NL to slowly get my $150 back. It took me all of this afternoon, but I got it. I did not earn as many FFPs towards my bonus, but I won at the tables.

The bonus is not going anywhere and my action at the 25NL table will get it eventually

I do not play at Full Tilt because I cannot win there. I have bonus dollars sitting there and at UB. I am not lucky at those sites or the players are too good for me. I WOULD MUCH RATHER BE LUCKY THAN SMART. There are certain sites that a player cannot beat and the sooner that he recognizes that the more profitable his time will be spent.

I have found my comfort zone in 25NL ring and in $5 and $10 SNGs. I will make an occasional foray into the other levels just to see what the action is, but I KNOW that I can make consistent money at the lower levels.

I work and make a living, so this is a hobby for me. I do want to maximize my profits, but I KNOW my limitations.

To those of you who play in the stratosphere I salute you. I am happy to play in the basement and make money.

cat923
Old 03-20-2005, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Know Thyself

Hello, my name is Uncle Salty, and I am a pokerholic. It has been 18 minutes since my last post.

I have called 2 gutshot straight-draws without proper odds and chased a small pocket pair to the river three times against a table full of TAG's.

Oh...erm...sorry, I thought this was the self-serving confessional thread...

Seriously dude. This is not the correct forum for this post. Number one, the Micro-stakes forum is generally for discussions of limit play. (By the way, if you are using the default autorate settings for PT, they are for limit as well.)

Secondly, by all means voice your thoughts here, but warn people in the subject line that there's "No Content" related to strategy or game play.

Glad to hear you're doing well within your limits and enjoying the game. Welcome to the family...

-Salty