Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Andrew Black

AK and AA are the only real possibilites correct?
Old 11-27-2005, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the only way Black could have called Hachems preflop raise and every street like he did until the river was with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] .

[/ QUOTE ]
the way black played that final table he could have had A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]X [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. strange that the range you put him on is so narrow? i could understand if it was dannenman, a guy that never played a hand, but black?
Old 11-27-2005, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think its almost certain that he had the King of hearts. If I remember correctly, Hachem had K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the flop came down Kxx with two hearts. This gave Hachem a set and Black TPTK with the nut flush draw. I think the only way Black could have called Hachems preflop raise and every street like he did until the river was with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Kanter had the KK
Old 11-27-2005, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think its almost certain that he had the King of hearts. If I remember correctly, Hachem had K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and the flop came down Kxx with two hearts. This gave Hachem a set and Black TPTK with the nut flush draw. I think the only way Black could have called Hachems preflop raise and every street like he did until the river was with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubt it. In fact, I think Chad actually got it right when he predicted Black had a strong A. This seems even more plausible when you look at the action on every street (which wasn't Black calling KANTER all the way down). Kanter bets. Black, like the aggressive SOB that he is, raises it 4x the bet in a steal attempt. Kanter checks on the turn when he filled up and Black checks behind him, realizing that Kanter is going nowhere. Black then seems to make a crying call on the river when Kanter bets something like 1/7 of the pot. AQ/J/10 seems like the perfect fit. Also, his body language on the river call screamed a no pair/high-card crying call.

Anyone agree?

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally, somebody else gets it. To me, his reaction to the river bet screamed "I tried to resteal but got caught and now I have just barely enough of this to make a crying call."
Old 11-28-2005, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
almost no chance it was the other king

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard it's more like a 1 in 52 chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

or more like a 1 in 46 chance.

sucks when your trying to be all witty and sarcastic and you fuc.k up the math huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

god, that was so funny. thanks.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:31 AM

nh
Old 11-28-2005, 01:10 PM

There is no way Black has AK here, he is not some tight nit and Kanter had been making plays at pots all night.

My guess is he had Ax of hearts, possibly the 8 has he would of had a pair to call with even though he knew he was likely dead on the river. AK calls like lightning with how the hand was played.